( 6 )

6  -  l u n c h t i m e  / /  l o u i s 

      THE feeling of  something on my stomach caused me to stir the next day.

      My eyes flew open slowly  and I found the arm of my fellow bandmate Niall sprawled across the slightly exposed lower half of my stomach. I raised a brow and swiftly moved the blonde's arm and he squirmed in his sleep, nuzzling his head deeper into the bean-bag he was perched on.

    I rubbed my eyes and looked around me and I realised that I wasn't in my comfortable bed but on one of the game-room couches and I was also the only one awake.  

     The other guys were scattered around the room, hanging off some of the couches, sprawled on bean-bags or rolled out on the soft carpet, along with empty drink cans and crisp wrappers. Popcorn littered the entire room, pizza boxes with stale crusts sat on the edge of the glass table, most of the living room cushions were tossed around carelessly and a huge and mysterious brown stain made a perfect circle in front of the door.

     All in all, the place looked like a dump and I felt immensely sorry for my housekeeper Maria, who Harry insisted we hire because I was too much of a pig and he couldn't handle it.

      I sat up a little and brushed popcorn kernels out of my hair as I recalled the events of the previous night quite clearly in my head. They involved the boys coming over and playing a couple rounds of Fifa which after a small and petty disagreement ended up in an all out man-eat-man popcorn war which eventually turned into a movie marathon.

     We must've all eventually fallen asleep during the last movie because I'd only noticed the soft murmur of animated characters from the large tv that was currently playing the Toy Story 3 movie.

      I got up groggily and fought my way through the pile of rubbish and to the door, stepping over the huge brown stain in fear of what it might be. I pulled my phone out of the back pocket of my dark jeans as I walked into the hallway that led towards my room.

     I glanced at the screen and it showed that the time was 2 o'clock.

     My eyes widened in surprised at how long we'd slept in for, but even more so when I see that I have a recent voicemail from an all-too-familiar number.

      Eleanor's.

      The painful realisation of our break-up hit me again and it really seemed to really sink in at that moment. Our relationship had ended so suddenly that at the time, I didn't really believe that it had happened. Now, of course, I knew it was over and done with and there was nothing left to do than listen to what she might have to say. I reluctantly tapped my phone screen as I entered my bedroom and sat on the edge of my huge bed. There were a few beeps and after a few seconds of silence, her melodious voice filled the still air.

      "Um hey Louis, I tried to call but you weren't answering so I decided to leave this, I wasn't sure if  you'd  care or not but I decided that I'd tell you that I'm officially in Paris now, it's so beautiful but I wish you were here with me..." I smiled. " I honestly mis--" she began to say before a masculine voice in the background cut her off.

        "Eleanor, the group is leaving now..." the guy said and the smile on my face slowly disintegrated.

       "Okay Zach, I'll be there in a sec, just gotta finish off this voicemail kay" she seemed to reply and he answered with a quick 'kay' before her attention averted back to me once more.

     "Um sorry about that, anyways,  I just wanted to say that I'm missing you like crazy already and I hope despite our break up we can still be friends and maybe you could give me a call when you get this? I dunno, well I have to go now, but I hope you know that in spite of everything...I love you" she finished and her soft voice was replaced by a loud beep.