Chapter 20

When I arrived at my new house a couple of weeks ago, Heath the Hounds of Hell vice president wouldn't leave until I had found a good house, got a new cellphone and that I had his number, everything was unpacked and I had an alarm system installed. I swear those few days that Heath had stayed with me, he annoyed the hell out of me. Wanting to know my past, who I was running from, why I was running, if I had any contact from my family. I know he only wanted this information, was so he could protect me better, but until he actually proves to me that I can trust him, he can kiss my ass. I've learned the hard way not to trust so easily. But my avoidance of the questions has not deterred Heath from acting like my brother.

I was halfway through my book when the door bell rang. I put my book on the coffee table and went to see who was at the door. When I looked through the peephole I was shocked to see Heath. He told me that him and the president would be out of town, and didn't know when he would be back, he also told me that he would ask the president to take it to a vote about me being in their protection. I guess they've already voted. When I turned the alarm system off and opened the door, I noticed Heath wasn't alone. Out of the shadows, stepped out a guy that looked like he belonged on the cover of GQ Magazine. Must be the president.      

"Heath was an oh so pleasant surprise." I told him sarcastically.

"Now now Rayne I know you're happy to see me just as I'm happy to see you." Heath told me.

"You mean that you're happy to see that I'm still here and not hurt in anyway." I told him bluntly.

"You got me there darlin'. I want you to meet our club president Ryker. Ryker this was the girl I was telling you about." Heath told him.

"Well is she going to let us in or just have us stand out here all damn night." Ryker said in a cold tone.

I glared at him and started to walk back inside my house, waving at them to follow. I heard the door shut and then both of them just standing in the living room doorway.

I gave a sigh, both of the guys stared at me. "Well are you idiots going to sit down or just stand there all damn night." I said mocking what Ryker I said.

Ryker just glared at me and turned to Heath, "She doesn't act like she needs any protection from us."

And as soon as he said that, a brick was thrown through my window and barely missed my temple. Both guys rushed up and grabbed their guns out of the waist banes of the jeans. Ryker stayed with me while Heath ran out of the house, trying to find the bastard. When he came back him and Ryker went into the kitchen to talk. I could here some of their conversation.

"Do you still think she doesn't need protection?" Heath asked Ryker.

I wasn't able to hear Ryker's answer when my phone rang, I picked it up without even checking the caller id. Stupid thing to do knowing my situation.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello sweetheart." Darkin said. "How did you like my house warming present?"

"YOU BASTARD!" I yelled out, causing Heath and Ryker to come back into the living room. "You idiot that narrowly missed my temple, I could have been seriously hurt."

"Calm down sweetheart, you know I wouldn't have hurt you, I just wanted to get your attention."

"You wanted to get my attention by throwing a brick into my window that almost hit me?"

He had the audaciously to laugh. "Of course how else was I supposed to? You haven't been picking up your phone when I call, you're never at the house when I come by, in fact you're never there till late at night. What hanging out with your new biker friends?"