Chapter 20: In a Prince's Arms

Lucy willed herself to move. But she couldn't. She is frozen solid. She is starting to feel dizzy when she heard an explosion. Horologram's key shimmered. Someone is in a direr situation than her. She wanted to turn to see what happened but first she has to do something about her impending death. 'Baka! So you're admitting defeat now?!' her other self protested. She planned to duck, but she really cannot move and the arrows are just two inches away from her.

'Is this the end of me?' she thought. 'No way! Let me help my friends first!!' But there is no way she could stop those arrows. She doesn't want to call her spirits to cover for her. They would not have enough time to counter attack either. They are not shields and she values them more than her own life. She closed her eyes and thought, 'May my keys would be found by a loving and kind magician.' She would not want her Spirits maltreated after she dies.

Gray, Erza, and Natsu had no choice but to stop the bombs that were designed to kill them.

Gray made cannons to counter the bombs velocity and speed. He froze the bomb aimed at him and hid for cover. The bomb detonated in the air.

Erza transformed to her purgatory armor and shielded herself from the bomb.

Natsu angrily ate the bomb as it erupted and the bandits wanted to turn back in horror. ''He's not human!'' they said in fear.

Then, they all turned to where Lucy stood. She's not there anymore! ''Where's Lucy?!'' They yelled in unison; panic is evident on their faces as they headed to where she was just a while ago.

''No, impossible. It's just a normal arrow right? It's not magic? Then why is nothing left here? Even Happy is gone?'' Natsu said in devastation. Tears flowed wildly from his eyes as he uttered his friends' names, ''Lucy! Happy!''

Erza fell to her knees. ''This couldn't be happening! What is the use of my power if I cannot even protect my friends?!!'' Erza said in anger and sadness. ''She's a sister to me . . .'' she whispered.

Gray himself was in tears as he hugged Erza who just kept on sobbing. She seemed ready to fall any moment. He looked around, ''this couldn't be happening! They must be around somewhere!'' But he did not see them anywhere.

The ground in front of them suddenly shook and Virgo appeared with tear-stained eyes.

''V-virgo?'' they said in shock. Seeing the sadness in her eyes and the tears that flows down to the maiden's cheeks, they all looked down as the shattering truth was confirmed. That their beloved friend is gone. They all felt angrier since they were not even able to save her despite their powers.

''Please distress no more, hime (princess) would be heartbroken to see you like this,'' Virgo told them. They all looked up to her. She is right; but still they could not stop their tears from flowing and the burning pain in their hearts from searing them in grief.

Virgo smiled despite her tears. ''Minna (everyone), hime-sama is safe. Brother had taken care of her. And so is Happy, Horologram got him before the explosion could get him.''

They all stared at her. ''Are you telling the truth?! Then why are you crying? Where are they?'' they all asked in unison. Virgo did not need to talk. They noticed a brilliant light appear out of nowhere. They saw the lion. They all smiled. They had never felt so glad to see Loke before, except during the time when he came back after bidding farewell to the guild.

''Loke!?'' they beamed. He looked so serious, and the aura emanating from him is pure anger. They had never seen Loke this angry before. Sure he gets annoyed, but he never really was angry. Looking at his aura now, they almost cannot believe that he is the same Loke that always flirts around. His aura now emanates that of a merciless lion angered and ready to bare his fangs to enemies who transgressed his territory or to thieves that tried to take his mate. Behold, in front of them is the mighty Leo; the Celestial Lion. The leader of the twelve zodiacs in a serious state; fearsome and mighty. Overflowing with power.

However, they were even more shocked when they saw tears flowing from his eyes. They got confused. He must have shared the pain they felt since even Virgo is also crying. The pain in their hearts vanished though when they saw Lucy safely cradled in his arms. He is carrying her bridal style. A princess in her prince's protective and loving arms. They could not help but smile as they found something similar to the Loke they knew – he's a mighty yet flirty lion. And of course still loyal and protective to his beloved owner.

''Lucy!'' they said in relief. Then beside the fearsome and mighty lion, Horologram appeared. Happy is also safe inside him. ''Happy!''

Erza, Gray, and Natsu all run as fast as they could to their friends' direction.

Author's Note:

Gomenasai for making this a little lonely. I'll pay back in the following chapters.

By the way, the setting of this chapter is right after the fight with Eclipsed Celestial spirits and before the tartaros arc.

Oh and by the way, I just finished editing the mistakes you guys pointed out. 

When you are the one writing, with no one to proofread or copyread, there mistakes that you just don't notice until someone else points it out. Thank you for the corrections. No hard feelings on my part.

Special thanks to Dainz_Jenie for speaking up for me. Lots of love <3 <3

- Dia

Next Chapter: Broken Hearts