Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Arthur has counted the days he has been in this afterlife world. 4 months. 4 months with a somewhat psychopathic American who hasn't moved on. The worst part is, he used to be in an intimate relationship with him.  He used to be in a relationship with this man he called his love, who is now slowly losing his sanity by the minute. A few weeks ago he shouted at him for attempting a spell, as if he really doesn't want him to go. Arthur sighs looked out the window into the white abyss. This world was strange. He said this is where people go when they don't move on but wouldn't that mean they'd be a ghost in the real world? If they never moved on because they were taken aback by something, then they would stay in the real world where human lives, as a ghost. Arthur never heard such a world before, as if this world was made up.

"Artie?" Alfred called out. He walked to him with a bowl of soup in his hands. He doesn't know where he got it but he doesn't really care either. Alfred sat beside him and handed him the bowl. Arthur reluctantly accepted it and started to feast. "Are you slowly remembering?" Arthur nodded slowly. Alfred smiled. "Yay! I knew it would work!" He exclaimed happily. He stood up and stretched. "Were going again later." He said, before walking away, disappearing into his room. Arthur furrowed his brows, questioning why he was in his room majority of the time. When they weren't going on a memory trip he'd be either in his room or be with him and talking about their past that Arthur vaguely remembers. That was a mystery too, how he doesn't know all of this has happened. Has he been really missing those years of his life? He shook his head and shrugged it off. Ten years. He said it has been ten years he died. So that means ten years ago he had an accident, right? Arthur dug deep in his mind, searching for the oldest memory. Anything beyond ten years was quite blurry for him, yet he remembered what happened ten years ago. He woke up in a hospital and heard the story of 'falling into a coma' Confused, he accepted it back then and never questioned what caused this 'coma' that he had awoken from. But now he is questioning it. What happened ten years ago? Well he guesses he would find it out soon. Hopefully.

|-----|

They were going through a memory trip again. He hasn't done this in a while, maybe because Alfred gets tired by doing this process over and over again. But he doesn't seem that tired, as if this action doesn't cost much energy to do. 

The surrounding light dimmed and a beautiful scenery came. They seemed to be on top of the mountain. "Where is this?" Alfred looks at him with his soft blue eyes. "We are on top of flower hill. Do you remember?" Arthur looked around, he saw the same river he learnt to swim in. He saw the forest he loves so much and he sees the flower fields at the foot of the hill. The fields where he normally played with his brother Alistair. He missed those days. But such days won't last long. His smile slowly turned into a frown as he gets hit by the nostalgia. "Al?" "Hmm?" "Do you think happiness can last even when something or someone dear leaves you?" Alfred crooked a smile and chuckled. "Of course, you can choose to move on and forget and still be happy. Or you can be crazy and pretend that something or someone still exists." Arthur snickered. "Well, do you think I'm crazy?" He shook his head. "You aren't crazy dude." He said, patting his shoulder. "I'm the one crazy." He grinned.  Arthur blushed and laughed.  "Idiot." He said, before turning to the river. "So where are our  small selves?" Alfred looked around, before pointing to the flower field before. "There" Arthur followed his gaze and found the little children playing in the flowers. He slid down to get a closer look. Alfred followed him. 

"So Arthur" "Mm?" "You said you play here tons of times with your brother right?" He nodded. "What was he like?" Arthur dropped the thing he had in his hands. "Well, he was a brother. He was nice and mean." "Did he look like you?" He shook his head. "He had the reddest hair of us all. " "Us?" He nodded again." "I have three brothers and one sister." "Wow!" He said in awe. "Such a big family!" Arthur shrugged. "Eh, isn't it normal." Alfred shook his head. "I only have one brother, his name is Allen and he is my twin!" He exclaimed. "He was cool and awesome like me! Only when...." He trailed off his sentence. Arthur thought this must be a sensitive topic for him and so didn't pester him with a waterfall of questions. "Oh well." He said, breaking the awkwardness between them. "I heard my mom will adopt a new child." Arthur tilted his head. "Why?"  Alfred looked up at the sky. "I don't know. They said they wanted a new little brother for me." Arthur nodded and didn't continue to question his family.