The Secret They Both Kept

In the morning, Jake and Daisy still felt weird about the dark nightmares they both shared. Jake got up and shuffled into the kitchen grabbed a glass of milk and a piece of cake from a their birthday a couple days ago. Then he sat down at the family table. Daisy walked in rubbing her eyes, sat down across from her brother, and  laid her head on the table. Jake started to talk about the mysterious place they saw and the cruel voice they heard. A few minutes after, Rose came in and said, "Good morning, how did you guys sleep?" Daisy jumped with surprise, she had fallen asleep when Jake was talking about their nightmare.  Their mom also jumped from Daisy's surprise. Jake replied quickly, "Yeah, we sleep good last night."  All Daisy seemed to reply was, "Yeah, it was okay." Rose turned and looked where Daisy was sitting, "Is something the matter, sweetie?"  Daisy looked down at the table and replied, "It must of been just a little too hot last night or something." "Oh! I can turn on the air conditioner tonight." said their mother. Daisy got up and hugged her mom and whispered in her ear, "Thank you. I love you." Jake got up and said, "Come on sis, we need to get ready for school." Daisy looked at Jake and there eyes met. She studied his dark brown eyes while he studied her blue/green eyes. She nodded and they headed to their bedrooms to get dressed. Rose made some coffee and went and sat outside to drink her coffee. She knew some thing else was wrong, but didn't want to keep questioning either of them. She hoped they weren't old enough to know about the truth. She knew she had to tell them sometime, but she was just scared to.