Chapter XVI The Escape

Travis wrapped the thin wire around his fingers and grinned as his victim lay out across the table. She was more beautiful than any other woman he'd ever laid eyes. More beautiful than his first wife, more beautiful than Naima and Renee put together, but her flaws had allowed her inescapable beauty to fail. Monica was even more crazy than he could ever be; Travis was in the business of conning beautiful women. Monica was in the business of destroying families and self-destructing further more in the process. He wouldn't allow himself to play victim to her schemes even more than he'd been. When he'd chosen her as his companion, as the only person to be allowed to see him for who he truly was, he believed they were the same. Oh how wrong he was! This woman was insane!

It all began last May as they left that quite New York town for Chicago, bent on taking over the empire he'd first set his sites on when met Naima and  Charles Moore two years earlier. He knew that with Monica's charisma and spunk that Naima would fall in love with her and she's easily rise through their A&R ranks, becoming a right hand man and trustful confidant. Instead, Monica tried to rock their steady marriage ended up getting her ass handed to her in the process, only driving her further into that dark black hole that was her heart and mind.

"What are you going to do with that," she asked in a shaky unsteady voice struggling to lift her bound head off of the pillow.

"Whatever I'm going to do with any of this doesn't concern you. You should have really considered what I'm fully capable of before you decided to cross me and disobey me on multiple occasions, but you always fail to listen. You always fail to follow any instructions, do you think that you're smarter than me Monica?"

"No Travis I don't," she responded as the salty tears flowed down her face and dripped past her parting lips.

"I've never met a woman smarter than me except my mother, and I killed her"

"Is that what you want to do with me Travis? Do you want to kill me? Want to kill the only woman who knows your story, knows that pain your holding inside and how badly you to want to escape the demons that are haunting your mind. I'm here for you Travis and I'm sorry that I hurt you on so many occasions. I just wanted all of our dreams to come true, to take back the things we were owed and punish those that hurt us. None of those people ever loved us when they had the chance! Not Naima, nor Renee, nor Jay or Sev. None of them...they don't understand people like us or our world," she said in a voice pleading for him to see and feel where she was coming from. She knew what he was capable of and didn't intend on becoming his next victim. She was prepared to do or say anything to escape his wrath. 

"I don't want to kill you Monica, I am going to kill you. Then, I'm going to start my whole life over and forget about all the bullshit each of you put me through. It's sad though, because I look into your eyes and I see what could have been. I want you to know that you brought this upon yourself, that this is truly all of your fault," and with that he was finished. Travis didn't want to hear another word come out of her pretty mouth, even the slightest whisper from her parting lips might sway his decision.

He watched as tears poured down her plump face, watched as a faint breath escape her rouged lips. He had dressed her for the part, laid her down in the finest silk garments his money could buy. This was to be a cause of celebration, his escape, his descent into another world. He slowly wrapped the winding wire around her throat, pulling tighter and tighter until her crimson blood spilled ever so slowly down the sides of the metal table. Her struggle to breathe mixed with the sounds of gurgling fluids lit his fire. He became aroused as her body squirmed and shake...

"Never again will I fall in love," he told himself. As he watched the last moments of her life escape her, he remembered one thing. That not only was he taking her life, but that of their unborn child. He watched her swollen belly move viciously and a single tear fell from his face. Taking steps back, moving closer to the wall he drew his 9mm from the waist band of his jeans. He replayed the last 3 years of his life, replayed the countless moments of loving and torturing his females victims. He replayed the past hour, dressing and killing Monica. Then shaking his head viciously he placed the barrel of the gun into his own parting lips. Then pulled the trigger.....

Aniyah jumped out her sleep feeling that something terribly wrong had just occurred. She shook her head thinking she must be crazy, and wrapped her arms firmly around Adrian.