Chapter VII (End of June)

Asia was crumbling...she was losing hold of everything she had controlled for so very long. She found it funny that no one began to complain until now, until they had everything they wanted. Sev had finally gained his inheritance from his father after they'd been successfully married for 10 years, and Aniyah...well Aniyah was running Maddox in Chicago and starting a new life. Yet, did they ever think to thank the person who made all of this possible? No! Then Sev decided to reject her, how dare he! She knew that they had problems, and it took years for them to fall in love with each other, but she thought they were there. Even though she was madly in love with Aniyah, she couldn't imagine her life without her husband. He had been the only one to truly understand her, how her mind worked, and what her motivation was. He tried to never judge, and had given her the life she never dreamed was possible for a woman with her past, stability.

Asia would go to any length possible to ensure life as she knew it remained in tact, and she meant that with every fiber of her being. She just had to get everybody to understand they had to play their role, and there didn't lie any margin for error. She wouldn't remain in this fragile state for much longer, she was sure of it, she had to be sure of it.

"Good night my sweet little baby," Aniyah said kissing Chase on his forehead. Tonight would be her last in town and it was killing her heart that they'd be separated again. She had enjoyed being with him this weekend, and loving on him like every mother should love their child. She loved how his eyes lit up when she walked into the room, she loved the way he clung onto Sev...just staring at her. 
She felt so much shame that she thought he wouldn't connect the dots, her baby boy certainly wasn't dumb. He knew she was much more than just Mommy, but his Mommy, the woman who brought him into this world.

"I love you," he responded snuggling against his bunny and beginning to snore. The carnival had pooped the little toddler out and after being the star of the evening as he donned himself, it was time for some much needed rest.

"He looks just like you at that age," Ella said walking in the room and joining her daughter on the edge of his bed. Ella had truly enjoyed being here to support her daughter and grandson, she silently thanked God for the second chance to do right by Aniyah.

"Does he?" Aniyah responded wrapping her arms around her body.

"Of course, the way his hair covers his face. Those little dipples and hazel eyes...child he's your twin!" she said rubbing her daughters back.

"I'm scared Mommy, I'm afraid that my child will never really know me. I'm afraid that the sins of the mother will harm the child,"

"You have nothing to fear Marie," Ella responded surprised her child called her Mommy.

"Asia will crush me,"

"Asia will not crush you Aniyah Marie Johnson, because you have God on your side. He hears your prayers baby girl, and if you continue to do right by him then everything will be fine. Trust and believe, if he could fix a broken woman like me, then he can heal your wounds. Have faith and you will persevere. Besides, that woman is going to destroy herself...mark my words,"

"You think she's getting that bad?"

"Yes! She tried getting freaky with Sev at the country club in a desperate move for control. That child needs a serious "come to Jesus moment" and to just chill. I don't know who hurt her, but hurt people hurt other people. She is her own worse enemy and her greed is just despicable. I don't even know how Jason could partner with her, he's too nice,"

"Yeah Jay is a sweetheart, I honestly think he could handle her better than Sev, but that's another story,"

"True, but we need to be getting to bed. We both have early flights in the morning,"