Chapter V (Beginning of June: It's All about Chase!)

Aniyah gripped Adrian's hand as the plane landed at La Guardia airport. In just a few short moments she'd be embraced by her beautiful, loving son and forced to deal with his manipulative mother. Adrian, sensing that her nerves were slowly beginning to rise leaned over and kissed her gingerly on the forehead. He said a silent prayer for patience and peace, and gripped her hand as they descended the plane. After a shivering cold winter, New York in the beginning of June was a breezy 80 degrees, perfect for a mini-family reunion.

"Mommy!" the screams of an eager four year old rang out as soon as they'd grabbed their luggage and began searching for Sev. When Aniyah's eyes landed on her greatest creation a single tear rolled down her face. He was more beautiful than she had last remembered, his small curls now grazed his cherub cheeks. He's grown about an inch and his gorgeous green eyes shown the joys of a child ignorant of the hell rising around him. Suddenly, she found herself laughing as she grabbed him in her arms and began assaulting him with tiny kisses around his face. She breathed in the scent of Baby Magic lotion, his scent, his innocence, and she exhaled. All Adrian could do is wrapped his free arm around her waist, demonstrating his support for her and their reunion. He'd promised himself before that Chase would be with Aniyah again, and this moment only garnered more of a ferocity in him for that to be true.

"Hey Aniyah," Sev said taking the bags from her hands while scanning Adrian with his piercing gaze.

"Sev, I want to introduce you to somebody. This is Mr. Adrian Livingston, my dear neighbor and closest confidante. I hope you don't mind, but I invited him to join me so that he could meet Chase," she said ignoring the daggers he was shooting her and cradling her baby in her arms. She wouldn't give Sev the satisfaction of ruining this moment.

"Nice to meet you," Adrian replied with his arm still wrapped around Aniyah in defiance. Draped in silence the three adults and joyous child ascended into the waiting limo and made their way to Harlem to be joined by the rest of the family. Aniyah loved Malcolm X Blvd when Sev and Asia had first showed her the property they intended to buy and had hoped that Maddox's newest location would be here instead of Chicago, but now she was glad to be in the Windy City. It had granted her the freedom she'd never envisioned having.

"We're here," Sev said holding the door open for his family and slamming it in Adrian's face purposely. Adrian being the better man he was laughed and let himself out the limo. Shaking the driver's hand he grabbed their bags and took in the stunning brownstone in front of them. He knew this would be a trying time on both his and Aniyah's soul. Following Sev's lead he ascended upon the stairs and entered the grand foyer and laid eyes on one of the most beautiful women he'd ever scene.

Asia Perkins was beyond beautiful, she had a sultry chocolate skin that dared to be kissed, licked, suckled upon. She walked not only with grace, but her steps were carefully calculated. She assured that everyone watched her curvaceous body saunter across the room, that was how she'd trapped Aniyah. What was even more captivating was how she drank in Aniyah, dressed in khaki shorts and a spaghetti strap tank, Aniyah was showing off her own curvaceous figure. One that anybody could see Asia was eager to take in herself, but the ever proper lady she hugged Aniyah fiercely and shook Adrian's hands. Aniyah shrugged out the embrace and wrapped her hands around herself.

"Nice to meet you Adrian, although I can't say I've heard much about you. Yet, any friend of my baby Aniyah's is a dear and loving friend of mine," she said mostly speaking to Aniyah and ignoring Adrian.

"Anyways..." Aniyah quickly responded picking Chase up again and kissing him on his cheek.

"I thought I heard your voice," Ella Johnson-Mayweather said appearing at the top of the stairs and quickly climbing down them. She was the spiting image of her daughter, only with shorter, darker hair. Ella's eyes sparkled as she drew in the picture that was her daughter and grandson, the two loves of her life although they didn't know it. She was determined to spend this time with them making amends for all her past mistakes and making sure that her daughter was supported in whatever decision she decided to make.