18.The Aftermath

Liam's P.o.v

I was searching for Becky everywhere. I couldn't let her think I was just fooling around. I really did like Becky and I loved spending time with her a lot. I wanted to clear this misunderstanding so badly. I took out my cell and was trying her but she wasn't picking up. It was really stressful. I was kinda freaked out since I looked everywhere and yet she was nowhere to be found.

I was searching for more than one hour now. I was starting to get paranoid, I was running around the campus looking for her like a crazy person. I tried June's phone but her roommate picked up and said she was sleeping. I asked if Becky was there?  But she wasn't. I even asked Becky's roommates, but she wasn't in her room either.

I was very tired. I was loitering my way towards the ground and suddenly I saw Becky coming out of the library. She saw me and stood rooted to the place, she was eyeing me as if she had seen a ghost. I was fuming with anger since she looked really calm and I shot her a death glare for putting me through all those mental agonies.

"What are you doing here?  And why do you look miserable? " She asked as her eyebrows furrowed.

"Are you kidding me?  Where hell were you?"   I yelled with frustration.

"I don't have to inform you about my whereabouts!"  She said looking really annoyed.

"Sure!  You have too! "  I came close to her and grabbed her by arms.

"What's wrong with you?  Why were you even searching for me? I am not a child! "  She said trying to pull away from me.

"You are not a child huh?  Then stop behaving like one!"  I spoke through gritted teeth.

"Just leave me alone! " She snapped suddenly.

"Why were you like that during dinner?"  I threw a question in her direction.

She was surprised by my question. She was staring at me as if she wanted to drill a hole into my head.

"I don't know what you are talking about!"  She said turning away.

"Why the cold shoulder Becky? "   I asked suddenly

I was kinda hurt by the way she was behaving.

"I am fine!  Okay? "   She said averting her gaze from my eyes.

"Is this because I danced with Lucy?"   I asked looking at her.

Her eyes turned red with tears but she turned away from me and started walking past me pretending to think I didn't exist.

"Don't you dare walk away from me!  While I am still talking! "    I screamed again.

Her behaviour made me angry. she stopped on her tracks and turned towards me and came back.

"No, it's not!  I don't care who you talk too, who you dance with or who you go out with!  Get that straight! "    She said in anger.

We were both glaring at each other.

"Fine!  Deny it!  You know what? Whatever!  Why did I even bother to talk to you about this? "   I said keeping my hand on my forehead.

"Yeah well, you were the one searching for me!  I really didn't ask you to come to find me! "   She was fuming with anger.

"What has gotten into you?  Why are you... So mean?"    I asked tired of the argument.

"I am just stating the facts!"  She said looking away.

"Listen I don't know why you are mad but get this straight!  I came here to talk to you and clear things out!  I loved our dance today.I had a great time with you today and I am not gonna deny it like you!  I didn't want to leave you for Lucy or anyone. Lucy's partner ditched her and she asked me to join her for a dance and I was just being kind.I don't like her cause she is not you.  But now I should probably not care to explain this to you cause you just don't give a damn about who I talk to, who I dance with or who I go out with!  Right? So I guess I should just leave you alone."    I explained with anger and started walking away.