40. Heartache

Andrew P.o.v

She said she was fine but clearly she wasn't, I noticed a small drop of a tear rolling down her cheek but she wiped it swiftly. She thought I didn't notice that. I cursed myself for hurting her like that.  But it was for the best. She has to hate me. I don't want to drag her into my family drama. She deserves better.

I left her alone in there and walked towards the door. I should have left but I didn't, I was hiding there only to see my heartbreak into pieces when I saw her collapse on the ground and crying vigorously. Her eyes were bloodshot and she was there all alone crying over someone who doesn't deserve a love like her's. Why did I end up hurting the exact person I love the most. I couldn't watch her, all the guilt crippled in. I went down the stairs,I wanted to be alone. I felt empty. I screamed at myself for all that has happened. First I lost Emma, now I lost June too. I wish I could just fly away to a remote island with June, free from all the complications. But I can't be selfish like that, my mom and dad needed me more than ever. I couldn't take the pain. I needed to let go of June but. How could I?  I let myself to feel after all this time and where did that take me?  I am right at square 1, depressed and alone without love. It wasn't supposed to be complicated. I can't imagine what I would do next?  Was I supposed to marry Sharon? 

Last night when my dad heard my decision, he wasn't happy as much I expected him to be. He said that he would let Mr.Thone know about it. My dad noticed my frown and comforted me that I won't be marrying anytime soon and it was just an arrangement for now. I don't know why he said those words. What did even he mean by that? 

I saw Liam and Becky were standing together, laughing about something. I don't wanna go there. Becky would definitely ask what happened?  Knowing June, I am sure Becky knows everything about us.  I just missed the time when my life was simpler and just the four of us, having the time of our life. My lives are so messed up, right now. Suddenly, I remembered someone who is a very important part of this whole thing, Sharon. Does she know?  Being born in  filthy rich family comes with its cons, right now there is a lotta drama in my life than a normal person would have ever witnessed.

I wanted to maintain a low profile, I looked around for Sharon but she was nowhere to be found. I found Mr.Thone, I wasn't ready to talk to him yet. I turned away and was about to walk in the other direction.

Drew?  If you are looking for Sharon then I suggest you turn to your right?  He said looking at me with a smirk.

Uh..thanks!  I replied instantly and started walking away.

Wait..!  He called out.

Look you dad told me everything! I don't know what you think of me!?  But I am not that bad you know?  He said looking down.

It's funny cause I could tell you the same thing, considering you are interested in ruining my life!  I snapped a little.

You don't know, what you are talking about?  He asked with a fake laugh.

I know everything! This is your plan right..?  Everything is going according to your little plan!  You blackmailed my dad about our investors in exchange for the marriage!  I said angrily.

What?!   He asked innocently.

Mr.Thone, Enlighten me?  why do you want me to marry Sharon? You hate me so much then why??!?  Is there another sick plan behind that too?  I asked out of spite.

Drew, What's gotten into you?  You've changed!  and I didn't blackmail your dad!  He came to me for help and I gladly offered him help.

And about my daughter, you two are bound to end up together in one way or another anyway!  He said with a grin.