Prologue

I am not the person I was before.

I was feeble, weak and embarrassingly...dependent.

Then again I guess...those days are over.

I turned into something that I wished to erase.

But there is no turning back now.

                                                                                             ***

          Sandy gust sprays onto my visor yet my eyes are still fixed on my target on the crosshair. Enemy relentless barrage rapidly shoot at me but my armor and kinetic barrier needs more than just a puny human made peashooter to crack. I don't mind getting shot, I marched forward with weapons spark alight. My target was moving fast, trying to get into cover. But with a spark of a gun he fell down to bite the dust. Then another target follows...

Another...

Another...

And another...

          It only took one bullet to fell a person. May he be heavily armored with high tech equipment or either have the biggest guns around. Some may have special abilities. Yes, it exists, conjurors of supernatural abilities. It really does not matter to me. Their death was predetermined the moment an agent of destruction joins into the fray.

          The smell of burning flesh lingers into the air. I never really smell it since I rarely took off my helmet during an assignment. Whenever I rushed, death follows.

          It only took one Operative to bleach a specific location. Tanks were blown to smithereens and nests were left with splattered flesh. No matter how thick the bunker is, nobody will be left alive. They can give their all but it is futile. Humans are fragile as glass.

          But for me, I'm not really human anymore.