"yah jibooty, stay there you!"

it was early in the morning the next day and jimin has just stepped into the school compound. but sadly, bangtan just had to take their opportunity to pick on the vulnerable him.

with an arrogant face, jin the leader of bangtan stopped in front of jimin and scoffed at him,

"what is the meaning of this huh?", angrily he threw the stack of books in his hands into jimin's face.

balling up his fists, jimin felt intimidated by his insult and action. but holding in his breath, he calmed himself down however.

stay optimistic, for haeri, jimin reminded himself and so, he didn't take his eyes off the book in his hand and instead, he pretended that nobody's around him. of course, jin didn't fancy his attitude; he snatched the book from jimin's hand and threw it away right after.

"hey! i'm talking to you", jin raised his voice at jimin.

"i thought we clearly told you to complete all of our homework?", rapmonster, the one who was standing next to jin questioned.

"but what do you mean by this?", yoongi then raised up one of their books and glared straight at jimin,

"the blanks all still empty? are you trying to play around with us?", he added.

jimin swallowed the lump in his throat but still, he didn't look at bangtan. he was tired of having people insulting him and thus, he chose to drop his head to turn around and walk away this time. biting into his lip nervously, jimin fiddled with fingers as he braved the tense situation and hurried off. surprisingly, bangtan didn't chase after him but in fact, as jimin was about to enter his class, he heard hoseok shouting after him,

"park jimin, you better watch out. we swear that we will bring you down sooner or later,"

these words remained etched in his mind as jimin frowned hard in his seat. class has started as soon as he had entered but for the past half an hour, jimin has been spacing out from lesson. occasionally, he would stare out of the window, trying to find some peace. to say that he wasn't afraid of bangtan, it would be a lie. he remained so stressed out all the way until he heard a voice calling for his name.

"jimin. park jimin,"

this made jimin shot up from his seat and looking up, he found two big brown eyes staring at him innocently. and there, was his seat mate, kim donghyun. smiling with her dimples showing, she handed jimin with a file.

"do you mind passing this down the row for me? to park haeri, maybe? i need her to fill up her name in this,"

"erm.. sure", jimin nodded and before even taking a glance at the file, he smacked it down on kim myungsoo's table which was just behind him.

"to park haeri", he told him.

then turning back to his own table, jimin ran his fingers through his hair in a few quick successions. looking at the corner of his table, jimin was initially looking for his pocket mirror, wanting to catch a glimpse of her. but after realising that he had forgotten all about his usual setup due to the things which were lingering around in his mind, jimin closed his eyes and massaged his temples. next, he inhaled a deep breath and mustered up his courage.

as quick as possible, jimin turned his body around to steal a glance at haeri. but shockingly, it only made him all flustered when he found himself gazing intently, right into the eyes of park haeri.