十一

"moving on to integration and differentiation, there are a few things you need to take note of..."

it was math class. mr kim was on mc today so ms jung became the relief teacher. placing her pointer on the board, ms jung went on and on with the discussion while everyone else in the classroom were frowning hard at her words. whereas, sitting in the middle of the class, drifting away into his own thoughts, jimin wasn't paying attention. for what seemed like forever, jimin has been busy scribbling all over his paper. it may seemed as though he was solving those equations ms jung had proposed but on a closer look, no doubt, he was actually writing another letter to haeri.

usually, jimin would have his letter written in a few minutes or so, but today, things weren't working out for him. for countless times, jimin had crushed the papers up and rewrote everything again but it never came to a conclusion. 'sorry' was the only word which kept appearing in each of his sentence and frustrated at himself, jimin dropped his pencil and quit writing. he let out a loud groan which then earned him stares from his seat mates and bowing at them apologetically, jimin turned back to stare down at his table.

"sorry. am i even allowed to say this to you?", jimin muttered and just then, the school bell rang, signaling the time for class dismissal.

"save by the bell", most of the students in class cheered in relief but as for jimin, there came the time he dreaded the most - for it's time for sports day.

his phone chimed in time and sliding his finger across to unlock the screen, a message from the group, bangtan popped up.

bangtan: meet us at the benches near the lockers now

- hoseok

the message read and jimin grunted in response. he was sick of these guys ordering him around but stealing a glance at haeri who was already standing by the door, he decided to keep it in all to himself. slinging his bag over his shoulders, jimin then stood up from his seat and made his way out of the class when haeri stopped him.

grabbing him by his arm, haeri pulled jimin back to face her.

"jimin", she called him, but the second later, haeri was taken aback by jimin's response. true enough, jimin's eyes did glint with a shape light for a split second but soon after, out of shame and anger, he brushed haeri's hands away from him and pushed her aside roughly. it hurt jimin a lot to have to treat haeri like this, but clenching his first, he eventually slipped past her and disappeared down the corridor.

with a heavy heart, jimin proceeded to where he was supposed to meet bangtan. the coast was clear and as jimin supported himself weakly to settle down on the bench with a look of despair, a few claps erupted from his back.

"i see what you did there. keep up the good work, shorty", yoongi first appeared in jimin's view and following behind him, were the rest of bangtan.

"quit it. tell me what you guys want now!", jimin yelled but quickly, rapmonster silenced him. stepping out this time, it was jin.

with a smug grin, he said to jimin,

"we just wanna have a small little talk with miss hairy,"

having said that, bangtan stood there and waited, until their target finally showed up. straining his eyes, jimin gasped when he saw her. standing lonelily in front of his locker, haeri looked pale as her eyes flickered over and remained fixed on the letter which was left untouched since morning. this made jimin even more guilty of his act but it was then, jin gestured for the rest to go head on with her.

"fuck you bast-", jimin snarled at them and attempted to run over to haeri's side but before he could even finish up with his words, hoseok had already covered up his mouth and dragged him away. breathing against his ear, hoseok warned him,

"dude, don't you forget. one mistake here and this", he waved his phone in front of jimin's eyes,

"shall spread to the thousands,"

jimin squirmed a little, trying to escape from hoseok's tickling breath, but his hold was so tight. almost strangulating him, hoseok then tilted his head towards the side to level his eyes with jimin's.

"you get it now?", he threatened.

with deep and painful sadness, the likes of which jimin had never felt before dawned upon him and all he could do was to nod feebly. with that, hoseok finally released his grip on him. patting him on his shoulder, he then summoned jimin,

"now, get us some drinks and head over to the changing room at level two to meet us after which. and don't worry about your girl, bangtan won't lay our hands on her,"

there was no time for him to wallow in his sadness. hitting his bum, hoseok got jimin moving and so, jimin did what he was told. he got the drinks off from the vending machine and plodding towards the changing room, it was where he was then re-joined by bangtan.

"welcome to bangtan, park jimin!"

it surprised him when bangtan soon approached him one by one to give him a fist pump but it was also then, jimin felt the greatest humiliation of his life. tears were streaming down his cheeks as bangtan proceeded on to boast about their success.

"i really ditched her...", jimin kept mumbling to himself in guilt but things just had to get worse for him.

"uh jimin?"

right after, a familiar voice suddenly sounded from his back and instantly, jimin lifted his head up and turned around.

and there staring opened-mouth at him, was his dearest park haeri