it was a sleepless night for jimin. in total, jimin had lost count of the number of times he had actually tossed and turned around in his bed and so finally, he sat upright, running his fingers through his hair in despair. bringing his legs down from the edge of his bed, jimin stood up after and trotted over to his study table.

sighing, he got a pen off from the tube and pulled a sheet of paper towards himself.

22 august 2015

dear haeri,

i just couldn't fall asleep tonight, because the moment i close my eyes, all i could think of was you.

haeri-ah, i'm so sorry for not considering your feelings in the first place. i don't know what went wrong for you but in truth, my heart ached right when i found you in such an emotional state.

you really scared me the hell out of me earlier on when all you did was to hug your knees close to your body, with your head bent inwards close to your chest and not moving. in my mind, i was already picturing the worst case scenario as i ran towards you, trumpeting on the puddles of water. kneeling down, i opened up the umbrella and supported it over our heads, shielding you from the heavy downpour. then, tipping your chin up to face me, i gave you a warm smile before pulling you into my embrace.

"uljima... i'm here", i had said to you. during which, i was bewildered by the uncharacteristic strength of your embrace as you squeezed me back tightly. gradually, my hands found its way to your face, cheeks and then, your hair. gently, i caressed them before placing my thumbs against the sides of your eyes, wiping away your tears.

and that was when, with your tear-stained eyes, you finally looked back up at me.

"j-jimin", i heard you utter but then, jerking away from me, you held my face in your cold hands and carefully examined it with your eyes instead.

"w-what h-happened?", you gulped and forced the words out of your mouth. swallowing the lump in my throat, i acted as per normal and felt for your hand which was touching my cheek right then.

"i slipped and fell while rushing over here. everything's under control so, no worries", i lied and pulling you up to stand, i said to you next,

"now, let's get us out of this rain,"

obediently, you nodded your head to my words but a moment later, you began to be the one who was leading me somewhere.

"come with me", you said under your breath and shortly after, we arrived back at the sickbay.

"now sit", you summoned and as you headed to close the door behind us, i began watching you wholeheartedly.

squinting your eyes, you first stood still while you looked around for the supplies cautiously. then, upon seeing them, you clicked your fingers in excitement. this action of yours made me break into a smile but as i then notice you standing on the tip of your toes, struggling to reach for the first aid kit which was sitting at the top of the cupboard, i lifted my bum off from the bed and ambled towards your way. effortlessly, i obtained the kit and brought it down for you.