Chapter 11

Chapter 11

*Calvin*

I watch as Kaleb paces back and forth while running his hands through his hair causing it to stick out at all angles.

"Kaleb, calm down," I say before he stops pacing and faces me.

"Calm down! How the hell can I calm down when my mate is out there somewhere alone? She could be dead for all we know and it'll be all my fault!" he shouts as I look into the eyes of a man on the edge of insanity not of my brother. I look down at my shoes as I hear him punch the wall before he slides down it to sit on the floor.

"He might of got her," He mutters before he fists his hands in his hair.

"I bet she's fine," I say as tears roll off his face and onto the floor.

"Yeah well you always lose bets," he snaps.

"What happened yesterday that made her leave?" I ask.

"I shouted the truth at her. She said it was bull shit. I told her to grow up. She said I had everything and she had nothing. I told her she can't keep using her parent death to get the sympathy vote. She said I was a dick and told me she had feelings for me but now they're gone. Then she screamed that she hated me and that I should rot in hell before she ran away," he says as he pulls his hair.

"Stop that!" I snap. He moves his hands to cover his face instead.

Kaleb stays sitting with his face covered for four hours refusing to do anything. Mum calls to check on him but he just sits still.

"I need to be out there. I can't sit around doing nothing," He says suddenly as he jumps to his feet.

"You can't leave, Kaleb. You need to stay here," I say.

"Why do you care so much? If I'm out of the picture you'll be Alpha when dad steps down," he snaps. 

"I care because you're my brother and I don't care about being Alpha. I care about whether you live or die," I snap before he starts pacing again.

"Where the hell is she?" Kaleb asks. I sigh as I look out the window.

"You're no help," he snaps. 

"Don't I know that," I snap. "I want to be out there just as much as you."

"Then why arn't you?" he snaps before he sniffs the air.

"Kay!" he shouts before the front door's open.