Chapter 7

Chapter 7

*Kaleb*

"Ok," she says into the phone as I carry our suitcases through the door.

"We cool?" I hear Calvin ask Kay through the phone due to my awesome wolf hearing.

"Yeah," Kay laughs as I fall over due to her sticking her foot out in front of me.

"Kay!" I shout instead of cursing.

"What was that?" Calvin asks.

"I just tripped Kaleb up. Gotta go. Bye," Kay says quickly before she hangs up.

"Yes, dearest, Kaleb," she says as I get to my feet.

"You did that on purpose," I growl as she continues laughing.

"Yes but you upset me and now you cheered me up," she smiles. I try to stay angry at her but it's impossible.

"Fine, whatever," I sigh as I return her smile.

"Bydy bye," Kay says as she skips towards the back door. I watch her until she disappears from sight.

*

"Kay?" I shout as I run down the stairs when I realise I hadn't seen, heard or been annoyed by her for over four hours.

"I don't think she came back in from the garden, sir," Marigold, one of the maids, says before she leaves. I run towards the back door, not caring that I only had my jeans on.

"Kay!" I shout as I throw the door open. I start to panic as I look around the giant garden. I let out my breath, that I didn't know I was holding, when I spot her asleep against a tree. I run over to her and pick her up.

"Kevin, no," Kay mumbles as she shifts her weight. Her hand rests against my chest sending shocks through my body.

"No, you can't leave me!" Kay shouts as I carry her into the house and up to our room.

"Shush, baby girl," I say as I place her down on the bed.

"No, stop. I-I didn't. Kevin don't!" Kay shouts before she sits up as she starts to cry.

"Kay, please don't cry darling," I say as I sit down beside her.

"K-K-Kaleb?"

"Yes darling."

"Don't leave me," she begs.

"What're you talking about?"

"You can't leave. He'll get me," she crys.

"Shh baby. I'm not going anywhere," I say bewildered by her behaviour.

"Promise?"

"Promise," I say before she throws her arms around my neck.

"Thank you," she whispers in my ear as she hugs me.

"Stay there," Kay commands before she goes into the bathroom to change. I shrug before I take off my jeans and climb into bed.

"Kaleb?" Kay asks.

"I'm right here baby," I reply still confused. "Kay, who's going to get you if I leave?"

"Kevin Gates," she replies as she gets in beside me.

"Kay, why are you scared of this guy?"

"Because he promised he would get me. He said he'll never let me be happy. He killed my best friend because he was trying to protect me," she replies as tears roll down her cheeks.

"Kay, is Kevin just a human?"

"No, he's the Alpha of the pack that lived next to the land I used to live on," she says. "He wasn't happy when my parents forced me to dump him."