Chapter 9

{Alison's POV}

It's been a few days since we went out to lunch with my grandparents. We have visited my cousin almost everyday, she loves Toby. Every time we visit her, she wants to see him. He met my other cousin, who is 19 also. He seems to really enjoy seeing Sydney laugh, and be happy. It makes me happy seeing her happy. She is such a bright spirited little girl, no matter what she goes through in life. It's going to kill me to have to leave her like this next week, and I know she's not going to want Toby to leave. We aren't going to see her today, because my grandparents have to work. Me and Toby have just been sitting on the floor watching tv. I have my head on his lap, and he is running his fingers through my hair. Instead of watching tv, I just look at all the features on his face. He looks down at me, and our eyes lock. He gives me that famous smile that all the girls love. I smile back at him, and grab his hand and intertwine our fingers. He starts playing with my nose, and squishing it so it looks flat. He starts to laugh his amazing laugh, and I start giggling. I do the same thing to his nose that he did with mine. We start taking pictures of each other while messing with each others nose. We get bored with that, so we focus back on the tv. I get up, take the remote, and turn on music then say,"Let's go bake cookies!"

"Haha, ok that was random!" He says, chuckling while he gets up off the floor.

"Well, sorry, I'm just really craving cookies!" I say, walking into the kitchen and Toby trailing behind me. We grab all the ingredients out of the pantry, then I get the bowls and the cookie sheet out. I take Toby's hat off, and put it on the dining room table.

"Hey! What was that for?" He asks.

"Well I figured you don't want to get it dirty." I say.

"Why would I be getting dir-" Before he can finish his sentence, I throw flour at him. "OH IT'S TOTALLY ON!!" He yells jokingly.

"Oh, is it now?" I ask.

"Yes." He says, and the next thing I know I have flour all over me. Our war continues on until I finally say,"Okay! I surrender! Now let's finish these cookies."

"Aww that was fun though." He whines.

I giggle at him, and say,"Sorry. Does this make anything better?" I lean in on my tippy toes and give him a kiss.

"Much." He says, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Okay, well go take a shower, and I'll clean this up and watch the cookies." I say, getting the broom out of the closet.

"Alright." He says, walking towards the bathroom. I get everything cleaned up, and the first batch of cookies out of the oven. I lean up against the counter, and start eating cookie dough out of the bowl while waiting for the cookies to cool. I swear cookie dough is like the best thing on earth, besides Starbucks of course. Toby walks into the kitchen a few minutes later, and says,"Alright, your turn to take a shower." Then gives me a peck on the lips.

"Okay, but can I trust you to watch the cookies in the oven?" I ask him.

"Yes, now go." He says, shooing me out of the kitchen, and to the bathroom. I get out two towels, turn on the shower, and step in. I take a quick shower, instead of standing there like usual. When I'm done, I get out and go to my room. I just put on some athletic shorts and a t-shirt that says 'SWIM BACK BREAST FLY FREE' down the front. I walk back into the bathroom, and take the towel off my head. I brush my hair, and decide to let it dry naturally. I walk back into the kitchen, and see that Toby actually did take the cookies out.

"Wow, I'm proud of you." I say.

"'Thanks." He says.

"Hey, I was wondering, do you want to go to an amusement park tomorrow?" I ask, hoping he says yes, because I really want to.

"Hell yeah! That sounds fun!" He says.

"Alright, is it ok if I ask my friend Hailey and her boyfriend to go?" I ask.

"Sure! We can have a double date kinda thing! Who will drive us?" He asks.

"You are so cheesy, and my grandparents." I say, giggling at him.

"Ok!" He says, shoving a cookie in his mouth. I walk into my room, and call Hailey. She answers on the second ring.

"Hello?" She asks.

"Hey! It's Alison." I say.

"ALISON!! I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM YOU IN FOREVER!!" She screeches into the phone, and about blows my eardrum out.

"I haven't heard from you lately either! But guess what? I'm in Indiana! I've been here for about a week." I say.

"What?! And I 'm just now finding out?" She asks.

"Yeah, sorry. Anyway, I just wanted to know if you and Mason want to go to Kings Island with me tomorrow? My grandparents are taking us if you can go." I say, not mentioning Toby yet so I can surprise her.

"Sure we would love to!" She says.

"Ok, well I have to go! We will pick you up at 8:30 am." I say. I hope Toby and Mason get along ok.

"Ok! Talk to you later!" She says. I walk back into the kitchen, and sneak up behind Toby. I take his snapback off and put it on my head.

"Hey! Why do you always take my snapback?" He whines, while turning around and putting his arms around my waist.

"Because it's fun to torment you." I say. "Oh, and Hailey and Mason can go."

"Great! I can't wait!" He says excitedly. We walk into the living room again and sit on the couch.

"Do you wanna have a movie night?" I ask him, while snuggling into his chest.

"Sure babe, what do you want to watch?" He asks.

"All the Paranormal Activity movies!" I say jumping up to get the movies out of my bag. I brought tons of movies because my grandparents don't usually have any good ones. I walk back out into the living room to see that Toby had changed into basketball shorts. I go put the first movie in the DVD player, then I go pop 2 bags of popcorn. I put the popcorn into one big bowl, and walk back out into the living room. I snuggle up into Toby's chest and watch the movie. After we have watched the first two movies, we are out of popcorn. I walk back into the kitchen, and my grandparents walk in from the garage door.

"Hey." I say.

"Hi, what have you guys been doing?" My grandma asks.

"We made cookies earlier, and now we are watching the paranormal activity movies. I just came in to pop more popcorn." I say.

"Ok, well we brought Starbucks. We got Toby the same thing as you, because we weren't sure what he likes." She says, handing me the cups.

"Ok, thanks!" I say. I take the popcorn and the drinks and walk back into the living room. "They got us Starbucks, Tobster."

"Tobster, really? And Yay!" He says.

"I wanted to try a new name." I say shrugging."Anyway, it's a white chocolate mocha frappe."

"That works." He says.

"Alright, movie 3! You're in this one you know." I say.

"I know." He says. I snuggle into his chest again. We finish the rest of the movie, and start the fourth. I end up falling asleep on Toby's chest. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, sucky ending and chapter overall. I haven't been able to concentrate very well lately. School starts Wednesday for me, so I will still try to update weekly. Please continue to vote, comment, and share! 

QOTD- When does school start for you? --Alison <3