Chapter 9

Soka and Lexis had almost gathered everyone outside when an explosion had been heard.

"What was that?" Lexis questioned.

"I don't know, but it didn't sound good." Soka replied.

"Let's get out of here now." Lexis ordered as she and Soka retrieved the last of their parents.

***

Mack and James were down. Sprawled out on the floor, beaten and barely conscious. Lena stood in front of Zeref panting heavily. Zeref looked down at Lena.

"Do you give up yet?" He grinned.

"No!" Lena pumped her fists together. "Roar of the fairy dragon!" A beam of light shot out from her mouth and made a direct hit on Zeref.

Zeref was sent back a bit but looked unscathed. "Give up now. There's no use in continuing. You're all beaten up where as I am completely fine."

"Never!" Lena growled and kept fighting him.

Zeref fought back as well. Though he soon came to realize that he began to become overpowered slightly.

"Hiya!" Lena punched Zeref and he was sent flying into the wall behind.

Zeref looked shocked. "But how?" He mumbled. And then he felt her. He felt Mavis' presence behind Lena. "You!" He got up and glared at Lena. "You use her magic! She's with you!" He growled.

"Well duh." Lena snickered. "As master and student, we are one." She lunged towards Zeref.

Zeref looked at Lena as she hurtled towards him. And as she neared him, he could see -for the first time in a long time - Mavis in Lena. He smiled and disappeared as Lena hit him.

Lena kept going and landed in the wall. "Ow..." she mumbled as she slid down to the floor.

"Is it done?" Mack weakly called from across the room.

"I think so." Lena replied grinning slightly.

***

The three of them laid on the floor injured when Soka and Lexis ran into the room.

"Guys! We found them!" Called Lexis as Soka went to James and picked him up.

"Urgh... you weigh a ton!" Soka complained as Michi and Neko entered the room.

"I'll help!" Neko went over to Soka and helped her carry James to safety.

Lexis picked up Mack and Michi picked up Lena. They both then followed Soka and Neko to the outside world.

"Everyone is safe. Now we can finally go home." Lexis smiled and piled Mack into the back of a wagon, along with James and Lena.

"Back to Fairy Tail!" And with that, they all headed home.

{is this the end of the story for our heroes? Find out in the next chapter.}