Chapter 13

"Plan making time!" Erza called, shushing the guild. "Zeref will return, and when he does, we must be ready!"

It had been a week since the group rescued Mavis from Tenroujima island. An eerie feel filled the guild since their return. The mages knew that it would have to do with the revenge of Zeref. And so, the planning began.

Freed, Bickslow, Evergreen and Laxus were to work on the outside of the guild protection while Gajeel, Levy, Natsu and Lucy worked on the inside of the guild protection. Erza and Mira trained weak wizards to become more stronger than they already were.
A war was coming. Makarov watched over Mavis as she recovered.

The kids were left to stay out of the way. Lena, Soka, Lexis, James, Mack, Michi, Neko and Niki sat in an abandoned corner of the guild sulking at their unwanted-ness.

They knew they could help if their parents would only let them.

"Why does Romeo and Wendy get to help, but we have to stay out of the way?" Lexis sighed.

"Complaining won't do good." Soka snarled at her.

"I can't just sit here and do nothing!" Lexis stomped.

"Shut! Up!" Soka growled facing Lexis.

The two circled staring at each other growling.

"Hey!" Natsu called from across the room. "If you two are gonna fight, take it outside!"

"Fine! Let's go Lexis!" Soka commanded.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Lexis growled.

Both stormed out of the guild and onto the battle field outside. The others soon followed to watch them.

***

The children sat onto the bleachers watching Soka and Lexis fight.

"This is getting boring..." Neko sighed. She'd much rather prefer to be in the library than out here watching the two fight.

"They've been at it forever." Niki leaned on her arm.

It's true that Soka and Lexis had been fighting for awhile. But it was evident that they were slowly getting tired. Like their mothers, they were tough and never gave up in a fight.

Soka would slash at Lexis, but Lexis would dodge and try to hit Soka, but Soka would dodge just the same. This continued until they both delivered the final blow.

Soka slashed at Lexis and Lexis roared at Soka, but instead of dodging the attacks, they were both hit with the opponent's attack and knocked out.

"Finally." James was the first to release a sigh of relief.

Not all bad came of the two's fight; it gave the kids something to do while the adults finished up with their work.

Finally, the work was done. The outside barrier was ready to be activated when needed. The inside was ready as well.

"Everything is ready." Erza called. "Everyone get into the guild. The war is beginning."

Everyone outside ran into the guild as the clouds began to darken. The village people were already evacuated to a safe place by Warrod and Max.

The war between Fairy Tail and Zeref was just about to begin.

===============

{This is the end of this chapter. Maybe the book. I don't know... it's a cliff hanger either way.

Till next time,

X}