Chapter 3-Wars Of The Nerf Variety

Arwin's POV

I stayed in my hiding place, no one on the other team had seen me yet. Everyone on my team had gone to reload their guns and the opposing team was alone in the room, Duncan was guarding as the others talked.

"I only saw 4 people on their team, the fifth could be anywhere." Kim contemplated, the others nodded and started to whisper, so I couldn't hear anything. I used my awesome skills to get out of the room without them looking. I ran to the recording room and grabbed my backpack. I shoved my Nerf gun in it and started my plan I walked into the common room casually.

"Hey guys, what are you doing?" I asked, trying to look confused.

"Oh, it's a Nerf war." Duncan replied, looking at me confused because he had never seen me before, apart form the roof party, that is.

"Okay." I said. I placed my backpack on a table a little bit away from them.

They continued to talk and I pulled out my Nerf gun, it was still filled with ammo so I prepared myself and shot at Duncan, the foam bullet hit the back of his head and he turned around in surprise. He pulled the Nerf gun bullet off of his head and put his gun on the floor, he was out. The others just stared at me and I raised my gun and started to shoot, they shot back and it was a flurry of ducking behind tables or sofas and shooting foam bullets at each other.

"Eat my fucking foam bullets!" Dad yelled, running into the room and shooting at them too. The rest of my team ran in too. Hannah got shot by Dad and dropped her gun, she was out. Then Simon by a blonde guy, then Kim by me. I high fived Dad after we won.

"Arwin! Arwin! Arwin! Arwin!" Dad chanted and the rest joined in. The scooped me up on their shoulders as if I had won us a sports game.

"What's going on?" A brunette man asked, peeking out of his room.

"We won the Nerf war!" I exclaimed, everyone holding me cheered and started to chant again.

"Well, keep it down, I can hear you in my recording." The brunette scolded we nodded.

"Sorry, Lewis." The blonde man apologized. Lewis went back inside his room and closed the door.

"So, who are you people?" I asked as I was set back on the ground.

"Ah, I'm Martyn, that's Toby, Leo, and Sparkles*" Martyn replied pointing at everyone in turn. "Who are you?"

"My name's Arwin, I'm Sparkles*'s daughter." I explained, smiling proudly as my dad put an arm around my shoulder. Martyn, Toby, and Leo stared at me, their eyes wide. I heard a sound from behind us and Hannah came out.

"You beat us in that nerf war, but I want to challenge you to another one!" Hannah exclaimed, making a fist and punching the air.

"What kind?" I asked. There are many different kinds of nerf wars.

"Hostage." She replied, smiling evilly.

"What are the teams?" Dad asked, copying Hannah's evil smile onto his face.

"Me, Duncan, Sjin, Kim, and Lewis verus you, Arwin, Martyn, Toby, and Simon." Hannah explained, "Rules are the opposite teams choose the hostage they take, the hostage gets a weapon when they get saved, you cannot 'die' only be delayed after 2 shots, one if it's a head shot."

"When?" Martyn asked.

"Later today, about 1." Hannah replied.

"You're on." I cried.

(Time Skip Because I Want To Write The Nerf War)

"Our hostage is Kim." Simon exclaimed. Kim shook her head but smiled and walked over to our side.

"Our hostage is Arwin." Sjin said. I gave my gun to my dad and walked over to the other team. Zoey and Fiona were being referees of sorts so they came in at this point.

"Teams, go hide your hostages!" Fiona ordered.

"Come on Arwin, let's go tie you to a chair somewhere." Lewis said, as if it were the simplest sentence in the world.

"Uh, okay." I replied, following them through Yogtowers. They lead me to a closet and turned on the little light. They tied my hands together in front of me and I sat down, feeling completely fine.

It wasn't until the door closed and the light turned off did I panic. It was too familiar and images of blood flashed in front of my eyes as screamed echoed in my ears. My breathing became faster and uneven, tears started to roll down my face, I was terrified. It was like this for a full 10 or 15 minutes and for every one of them I was terrified. Finally, Martyn opened the door.

"Oh my God, Arwin, are you okay?" He asked, untying my hands. I tried to calm down but I could still see flashes of blood and echoes of screams. I shook my head no and Martyn looked around frantically.

"Use this if anyone comes, I'll be right back!" He promised, handing me a nerf gun and rushing off. He came back a minute later with the rest of the team, including my Dad.

"Arwin, are you okay?" He asked, kneeling down next to me. I bit my lip in a vain attempt to stop the crying, but the tears still flowed so I shook my head. Sjin came around the corner and my dad turned.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO MY DAUGHTER, SJIN!?" Dad demanded, gesturing to me.

"N-No. I-It's not his-his fault." I stuttered, wiping tears off of my face and slowing my breathing. "It's my old life."

"You're old life?" Martyn asked. I shook my head, saying without saying that I wasn't going to tell them. They shrugged and I whipped the tears off of my face, I needed to be strong.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" I exclaimed, shooting Sjin and running off. Dad and the others followed me until we were all on our side of the building and out of breath. That was awesome and terrifying... but awesome.