Chapter 10-Moving On

Btw, for the sake of the story, Rythian isn't colourblind.

Arwin's POV

I was tossing and turning in my bed, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get to sleep. For some odd reason, I couldn't get images of my past out of my dreams, or rather, nightmares. I moaned and pulled my pillow over my head. I got up, and pulled some jeans on over my pj pants. I then grabbed a sweater and put it over my pj top. I put on my boots and left, after leaving a note on the kitchen island and grabbing a bag.

It was a 10 minute walk from my parents flat to my destination. But I finally got there. A hotel. The hotel Rythian was staying at. I ran up the stairs, dashed down a hallway, then knocked on Rythian's door.

"Just a minute." Rythian said groggily from the other side of the door. There was the sound of shuffling feet before Rythian pulled open the door.

"Hey, Ryth, sorry to bother you when it's so late at night, but I couldn't get to sleep." I said sheepishly, realizing how lame it sounded.

"Oh, it's okay." Rythian replied, "come on in." I followed Rythian inside and sat down on the sofa. I slid the bag off of my shoulder and sat back down.

"So, why couldn't you sleep?" Rythian asked, but not before yawning.

"I was scared." I replied.

"Memories?" He asked. I nodded. He shuffled closer to me and put a comforting arm around my shoulders. I snuggled into his chest and sighed. Much better.

I must've fallen asleep because I woke up the next day laying on Rythian's sofa, a blanket covering me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Look who's finally awake." Rythian teased, coming over. I smiled and stood up, pushing the blanket onto the floor.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily, walking over to Rythian.

"10 am, why?" He asked, handing me a bowl of cereal.

"10 am!?" I repeated, "I'm going to be late for school!"

"Uh, Arwin." Rythian interrupted, watching me as I dashed around. "It's Saturday." I stopped dead and laughed nervously.

"I knew that." I joked, placing my hands on my hips and standing up straight.

"Yeah, yeah, sure." Rythian scoffed, but the smile on his face betrayed him. "Do you parents know you're here?"

"Yeah, I left them a note on the kitchen island." I reassured.

"So, there's a party on the roof tonight, want to go with me?" Rythian asked, fiddling with the spoon that had come from my cereal bowl.

"You mean, as a couple?" I asked, walking closer to him.

"Yes, but if you don't want to-" He started. I cut him off by kissing him. He smiled as we broke apart. "I'm gonna take that as a yes."

When we broke apart he smiled. "I'm taking that as a yes."

"Of course." I agreed. Our eyes locked and we were about to kiss when the sound of a phone ringing pulled us out of the trance. I found my bag and fished my phone out as Rythian watched me. I answered.

"Hello?" I asked, holding the phone to my ear.

"Hey, where are you? We were supposed to meet to do our project." Jake's voice ran through my cellphone.

"Oh shit, right, sorry, I'll be right there." I promised.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"Ryth's house, but I'm coming over." I said before hanging up, not wanting to hear his simon squeal.

"What was that all about?" Rythian asked.

"Sorry, but I promised Jake I would come over today." I apologized.

"Wha... but then I can't hang out with you." Rythian moaned, grabbing my hand in his.

"Sorry, Ryth, I'll text you as soon as I get there." I promised.

"What if I come with you, I've already graduated, I could help you guys." Rythian suggested, his eyes full of hope.

"I guess so, come on." I agreed. I grabbed my bag off of the floor as Rythian followed me like a happy little puppy dog.

At Jake's House

I raised my fist and knocked on Jake's door.

"Hey Arwin, Rythian." Jake greeted, opening the door.

"Sorry we're late." I apologized.

"Oh, don't worry about it, you're here now." Jake said. I nodded and the three of us sat down.

"So, what are you guys doing for your project?" Rythian asked, sitting beside me at the dining room table where we are doing our work.

"Here, I'll show you." Jake said. And then we worked for a bit and ended up finishing it with a lot of help from Rythian. We said goodbye to Jake and we went back to Rythian's apartment.