Chapter 17-Realization

Rythian's POV

I stormed off, not caring what anyone else thought right now. Saying the painful truth out loud had made it worse, it made it real. I was mad. Mad at Simon and Kim for doing that to my girlfriend. Mad at Duncan for trying to stand up for Simon and Kim. And mad at myself, for not being there to protect her when she really needed me. God, all of these thoughts and feelings in my head were confusing the fuck out of me. I didn't know what to do so I just jumped into my car and drove to the hospital, I wanted to see Arwin again.

At The Hospital...

"Vänligen vakna." I said to Arwin, rubbing my thumb over the back of her hand. 'Please wake up.'

"R-Rythian." She whispered. I clutched her hand.

"Shh, shh, jag är här." I whispered. 'Shh, shh, I'm here.'

She opened her eyes and clutched at my hand. "Jag älskar dig." She said. She smiled then winced in pain. 'I love you.'

"Jag älskar dig också." I replied. 'I love you too.'

"Can you call my parents?" She asked, her voice croaky.

"Sure, just stay awake, okay?" I agreed. She nodded and I called Sparkles*. He answered and of course I got straight to the point, he just said that he's on his way.

"Are they coming?" She asked after I put my phone away.

"Yes, how are you feeling?" I asked.

"It hurts." She admitted, "My stomach, my head..."

I nodded and we waited for Sparkles* and Beckii to get here. Arwin would wince in pain every once and awhile and every time she did I felt a pang in my heart. I could've prevented this. I could've been there, but I wasn't. The door opened with a low creak and I turned in my chair to see Sparkles* and Beckii walking slowly towards their daughter.

"Mum! Dad!" Arwin called, her voice hoarse and weak. Her parents ran over to her side.

"How are you feeling, sweetie?" Beckii asked.

"A lot better, actually. I mean, it still hurts a lot, but not as much." She answered.

"That's really great, sweetie. Everyone at the office hopes you feel a lot better, and we hope that your baby is okay." Sparkles* said.

"Wait, why?" She asked, confused. Beckii, Sparkles* and I looked at each other, we hadn't told Arwin that she could lose the baby.

"Arwin, because of your injuries we might..." I took a deep breath before continuing, "Might lose the baby."

"What!? No! We can't! We just can't!" She protested, her eyes wide and pleading.

"I know I know, shh, shh, it's going to be okay." I promised, rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb.

She took deep breaths until she was calmer, "Okay, I think I'm calmer now." She said.

I was about to say something when a doctor came into a room, clipboard in hand. "Mr. Hellstrand, Ms. Flint, Mr. Clarke, I'm going to have to ask you to exit the room." The doctor ordered. The three of us stood up.

"Will you come back later?" Arwin asked hopefully.

"I'll be in the waiting room the whole time." I promised, kissing the top of my girlfriend's head before backing out of the room. Sparkles*, Beckii, and I walked into the waiting room and sat down, none of us saying anything.

"Rythian, I just realized something," Sparkles* told me after a while.

"What?" I asked, urging him to continue.

"It's September." He said.

"Yes, Sparkles*, it's been september for a week." I said, using a tone as if I was talking to a three-year-old.

"No, not like that, It's been 9 months."

Sorry for the short chapter. What should they name the baby? Please comment below.