Chapter Twenty-One: I Love Her

Angelica's POV:

It had been a week since the car chase with Sam. I was currently laying on the couch, watching Crawford fail at making breakfast. I swear, he'd probably burn the hotel down if I wasn't there. I laughed as he slipped on some of the slipped pancake batter and made the entire bowl fall onto him. I got off the couch and went to his rescue, like the good girlfriend I am. "Need some help there?" I asked as I extended my hand for him to take. He was completely covered in the batter. Instead if taking my hand and getting up, he grabbed it and brought me down onto his lap.   

I giggled as he pecked my cheek repeatedly, getting pancake batter on my face. "It's not fair. I swear, these ingredients are out to get me!" Crawford complained jokingly. "Remind me never to let you near a stove. If you can't even get batter into a pan, you're not going near anything electrical." I joked, before getting up. "Hey! At least I tried!" Crawford joked, getting up as well. "I know, and it was  a very good effort." I giggled as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Crawford smiled and leaned in, but just as his lips brushed mine, his phone started ringing. 

He groaned and grabbed his phone, but also wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer to him. The beautiful smile on his face turned into a frown the minute the person on the other line started talking. "What does Angelica have to do with this?" Crawford asked the other person, a hint of fear in his voice. The other person responded, and the look on Crawford's face told me something was wrong. "Fine, we'll be there." Crawford said before hanging up and turning to me. "What's going on, Crawf?" I asked, slightly worried. "It's probably nothing. Bart just called and said you, me, and him have to have an emergency meeting." He said. Why would we need to have such an urgent meeting with Crawford's manager? Something was definitely wrong, I could feel it in my gut. "Oh, when do we have to go?" I asked as I lay my head against his chest, feeling my worries wash away almost immediately. 

He pecked my forehead gently, and held me as if it would be the last time we'd be together. "We have to leave in about 10 minutes." Crawford said, but it was muffled since his lips were pressed against the top of my head. I untangled myself from him slowly, before taking a good look at him. He was pale, and looked extremely worried. "Okay, what's going on Crawford?" I asked, catching him off guard. "I told you Bart ca..." Be started but I cut him off. "There must be something you're not telling me, because you look worried about something." I said. He sighed before grabbing my and playing with my fingers. "The way he sounded on the phone, it's the same way he spoke when he kicked Carter off the tour last year." He replied. I gulped as I thought about what would happen at this meeting, even though it seemed pretty obvious; someone was getting kicked off the tour, and I was pretty sure I knew who it would be. "Crawford, we won't know what's going on until we talk to Bart, so we should just go." I said as I squeezed his hand reassuringly. He nodded and we headed out.

Bart was two floors below us, so we got there pretty fast. None of us talked the whole way there, Crawford would just peck the side of my head periodically. I knocked on Bart's door, and he answered fairly quickly. When he saw me, he sent me quick glare, which Crawford didn't seem to notice. Just great, this meeting was off to a great start. Note the sarcasm. Once in his room, we sat on the couch, and he sat on the chair in front of us. "I'm going to make this meeting quick." He said. Crawford and I glanced at each other, before he gently pulled me closer to him. I relaxed in his arms almost immediately. "What's this about, Bart?" Crawford asked, clearly not amused. "Ever since Angelica joined the tour, the ratings have dropped. Your fans have dropped, everything has dropped because of her." He said, glaring at me again. 

This time Crawford noticed and something in him snapped. "What the hell are you trying to say?" Crawford growled, getting angrier by the second. I remained quiet, because I knew what was going to happen already. "I'm saying that Angelica is off the tour, and you guys aren't allowed to be together anymore." He said, making my entire world crumble down in front of me. Getting kicked off the tour was one thing, but being forced to not be with Crawford, that was a completely different story. 

Crawford didn't even let me process what was just said, before he got up lost it. "I don't care about what you or the fans have to say about my relationship. I love her, and nothing you do is going to keep me from her!" Crawford yelled. I was taken aback. I didn't like where this was going, because I knew that it wouldn't end well. Bart retaliated quickly, and said something I never wanted to hear again. "Fine, if you continue dating Angelica, your career is over." He said threateningly. 

What Crawford said next shocked me even more. "I don't care." He said through gritted teeth before grabbing my hand and dragging me out the door, slamming it on the way out. "Crawf, I'm not going to let you end your career for me." I barely whispered, once we had both calmed down. "Ang, I'm not loosing you. Please, just stay with me." He practically begged as he brought me into his arms. I couldn't help the tears that fell from my eyes as I held onto him. I knew what I had to do. "I'm sorry Crawford, but I'm not letting you let you ruin your career for me. I'm going to go back to LA, and you're going to stay on the Digi Tour." I said through my tears. Crawford had tears streaming down his face at this point too. "What about us? He whispered. "We'll still be together, we'll just have to keep it on the down low." I said quietly. Crawford nodded slowly. He knew that he couldn't let his fans that have supported him from the beginning down. This was going to change everything, but I knew that it was the right thing to do, for now at least.

Hey Guys,

I hope you liked the chapter. :)

Who hates Bart right now?

Comment, Vote, and Follow