Chapter Twenty-Two: Leaving

Angelica's POV:

To say that leaving DigiTour was hard would be an understatement. It was the most difficult thing I'd ever done. Miranda had tried talking to Bart, but in the end, nothing changed. Even though I knew that I had done the right thing, it still felt like it was a step in the wrong direction. Not only because I had to leave Crawford, but also because I had to leave the others as well. We had all become a family, and the thought of leaving them was enough to make me rethink my choice. However, I knew that deep down, I had to leave. I wouldn't let Crawford give up his career for me. That was simply not an option.

I could distinctly remember everyone's face when they found out I was leaving. It was absolutely heartbreaking. Everyone seemed upset with my decision to leave. However, Karisma's reaction was the one that shattered my heart the most. I had never seen her cry before, therefore seeing her completely break down at the thought of loosing her best friend not only shocked me, but brought me to tears as well. The others had sensed that we needed time alone, since we were practically sisters. Once they left, Karisma and I spent the rest of the evening crying together.

The next day was ten times worse than I had anticipated. I knew that it would be an tough day, but I hadn't expected it to be as emotional as it was. I had packed my suitcases early, because I wanted to spend as much time with Crawford as possible, considering that I would most likely not see him for at least five months. We basically spent the morning cuddling and enjoying each other's company. Neither of us talked about what would be happening in a few hours. Instead, he reminisced about some of our favorite memories. To say the least, it was a great distraction.

Unfortunately, the time came when I had to leave. Crawford and Karisma had dropped me off at the airport, while the others had stayed behind. I had managed to say goodbye to the others without crying, which surprised me. It most likely meant that I would completely break once we reached the airport. The entire ride there was filled with silence. When we reached our destination, I had to hold back a sob. I didn't want to cry in front of them, I had to be strong. Before I could help it, the memories of that afternoon popped into my head.

~~~ Flashback~~~

I was standing in the airport with Karisma and Crawford. My flight had just been called over the speakers, saying that it was now boarding. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore as Karisma brought me into a hug. My crying seemed to cause her to cry. We held onto each other tightly. "I'm g-going to m-miss you s-so much." She said through her tears. "I'll m-miss you t-too." I replied, tears streaming down my face. I knew that the worst was yet to come. I still had to say goodbye to Crawford. The thought alone caused another sob escape. Karisma seemed to understand, because she pulled away, before taking a step back. Within seconds, Crawford had me in his arms. "I love you so much Ang." He said as he kissed the top of my head. That's all it took for my to completely break down. Tears continuously streamed down my face as I held onto him, not wanting to let go. "I l-love y-you too Crawf." I managed to reply, before I forced myself to pull away from him. "Flight 307 to LA. This is the last boarding call." The announcer said over the intercom. Crawford kissed me gently, before letting me go. I dried my tears as best as possible, before I started to make my way to the boarding area. I had been walking for a few minutes, before I heard my name being called. "Ang! Wait!" I heard the all too familiar voice shout. I quickly turned around, just in time to see Crawford running towards me. He immediately cupped my face with his hands and pressed his lips against mine. Time seemed to slow down, and everything else disappeared, other than him. I kissed him back, before wrapping my arms around his neck. When we finally broke away, he rested his forehead on mine. "Take this." He said, before placing his dog tag necklace on me. "Now you'll have a part of me with you." He continued, since I was too shocked to speak. He quickly kissed my lips again, before he gave me a slight nudge in the direction of the boarding area.

~~~ End of Flashback ~~~

Currently, I was in my dad's car as he drove home. I hadn't told my parents the real reason that I was coming home early. I didn't want to upset them. Besides, I hadn't even told them about Crawford. Even though my dad had been joking when he told me that I wasn't allowed to have any boyfriends while on tour, I was still hesitant on telling him the truth. He was extremely overprotective, and all I needed was for him to scare Crawford away. However, I knew deep down that I was just worrying over nothing.

I was broken from my thoughts by my dad's voice. "That's an interesting necklace. Did a friend give it to you?" He asked as he focused on the road. I looked down at the necklace before smiling slightly. "Yea. A really good friend gave it to me." I said, as I played with the dog tags mindlessly. I already missed him, and it's been less than twenty-four hours since I saw him. "I'm surprised no boys tried to sweep you off your feet." He said, his eyes still fixed on the road. "I told you before I left, no boyfriends." I nervously joked. My dad seemed to buy the white lie, and continued making small talk with me throughout the drive home. I just hoped that I made the right choice.

Hey guys,

I'm so sorry that it took so long for me to update, but here it is. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. :)

Thoughts on Crawford giving Angelica his dog tag necklace?

Comment, Vote, and Follow