Chapter 23

"Ally... Ally..."

"Shut up, please," I mutter, my groggy voice muffled against Trevor's bare chest.

"You have to wake up now," he whispers in my ear, and he chuckles, since even in my state of sleep, shivers still rise on my arms.

"I don't want to wake up," I whine, not even caring that I was sprawled out over his body in the tiny top bunk, because I was tired, and he was warm. Well, hot was a more appropriate term for him, but still. He felt warm.

"Ally, come on," he says, and then his fingers dig into my sides, tickling me. I gasp for breath, trying to hold back an embarrassingly girly screech of laughter.

"Fine, fine!" I squeel, as he finally lets up, an adorable smile displaying on his lips. "I'll get up, okay? No need to attack me."

"Desperate times call for desperate measures," he replies, his eyes worn with fatigue, watching me as I press my hand against his hot, solid chest to push myself up. Before I can move my hand, his fingers wrap around my wrist, holding me in place.

"Ally," he whispers, his slightly narrowed eyes shift into mine, holding me in a trance as I freeze above him.

"What?" I ask in a hushed, lust-coated voice, as I lean my head down closer to him, my hips accidently grinding against him as he stiffens, but recovers quickly with the smallest of smirks.

"I wanted to say that I'm sorry about yesterday," he tells me a moment later, his fingers still grasping my wrist tight enough to hold me in place and stall my heart, but loose enough to make me want more. Even though all of my weight was against him, he shows no signs of acknowledging any discomfort. I try to ignore how muscled his chest is beneath my touch as I smile down at him, even though I probably look more frightening than Frankenstein right now, but I didn't really care.

"It's okay, Trevor," I assure him, and he lets go of my wrist. I roll my eyes at him before I slide down his body, biting my lip to hold back a laugh as his body tenses yet again at the slow movement against his body.

Things between Trevor and me were... weird. I don't think we'd be making out voluntarily anytime soon, even if I was more than up for it. We were both mulling things over. Feelings and arguments were both too fresh in our minds. I may know what I want, but what does he want? And it's not like Trevor is the easiest person to talk to to find things out, especially when referring to feelings and sappy crap like that.

I step down the ladder and climb slowly down the stairs. I immediately find my way to the bathroom before I face all the people in the living room, saving the beauty of my scary-reflections for Trevor only. I brush my teeth and my hair, and fix my make up so I don't resemble a werewolf of some sort and slip on a pair of shorts Trevor bought me yesterday. How sweet.

"Good morning, Ally," greets Channing with a wide, goofy grin on his face as I emerge from the bathroom and into the kitchen, where several of the boys were cooking up a breakfast that made my mouth water at the smell.

"Good morning, Channing," I reply with a wink as I brush past him.

"She's alive!" Exclaims Jake as I walk by him.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, confused.

He just rolls his eyes. "I'm just surprised Victoria didn't murder you in your sleep is all."

"You are so weird," I roll my eyes back at him, as his arms wrap around me, pulling me into a loose hug. I take the opportunity to take a whiff of the smell of his shirt, which melts my senses. Why did all hot guys have to smell better than anything else in the world? Why couldn't I just breathe the delicious smell all the time? Without seeming like the ultimate stalker?