Chapter Two.

Tuesday rolled in and Ashton walked through the doors of his school. This curly fringe fell over his left eye, he removed the hair carefully with shaking fingers cautious of the swollen area it was hiding. He felt conscious of all the looks he was getting. This wasn't at all strange for people to notice Ashton, the boy was fairly popular, but right now he didn't want anyone's attention. It was if ever ones eyes had pin pointed him, and there stares were either cold or dismissive as he walked pass.

Calum noticed he was acting strange. He was watching Ashton, not like stalking the boy, (he didn't do that in real life, social media on the other hand...) but, admired him as the boy walked pass everyday. It was what he enjoyed, admiring beautiful people. A stupid lazy smirk crossed Calum's face at how cheesy he was, but the frown on Ashton's face made his expression disappear.

"Ashton!" He called after the boy watching as the curly haired slowed down to a halt, waiting until Calum was near to begin walking again. "Um...hi?"

Ashton stopped in front of his locker, using his combination before the door swung open. "May I help you Calum?" Ashton didn't mean to be rude to the boy but he really wasn't in the mood for— well— humans.

Ashton didn't notice that the frown on Calum's face got even deeper at his tone. "I was just wondering," Calum paused, if you were okay, you look sad lately. He chose not to say that, "If practice is still on for tomorrow, because my mum wanted me to do something but I didn't know if I should say I can't or just..." He trailed off noticing that Ashton wasn't listening. Ashton listened, he always listened to him, they weren't close but he could always count on Ashton to listened to each rambled rant that he threw at him.

Ashton held up his head after he placed his books into his locker, closing the metal door before turning his gaze back to Calum. He saw how the boy's brown eyes flickered down to the tiled floor of the hallway when he landed under his gaze.

The boy scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "Coach did say that yesterday." Ashton spoke giving an awkward cough before adding, "Jacob or Luke might know."

Calum tensed at Luke's name slipping through Ashton's lips. Of course Luke would know. What doesn't his big mouth not spew out? He had an English class with Luke being the annoying teacher's pet. Commenting on and correcting ever single thing going on in class. Hemmings couldn't just keep his smart ass thoughts stuck in his puny little brain.

"Calum?" Ashton's voice finally broke through along with the sound of the bell ringing for them to start heading to class.

The dark haired boy stood frozen his embarrassment biting his lip nervously as he stepped to the side letting Ashton pass.

Calum watched as Ashton disappeared down the hallway into another group of students. He didn't understand why he had to be so weird around Ashton, he was perfectly capable of having a normal conversation with everyone other than Ashton. His smile alone was enough to send chills down Calum's spine and caused him to go speechless, but, Ashton wasn't smiling today and he wanted to know why.

Ashton continued walking away from Calum with a sigh knowing that he probably was too hard on him. Calum was one of the persons who he was closest to on the team, after Jacob of course. Calum was different from the others and that wasn't just because he drove to school a Range Rover everyday, there was more to him that nobody saw. But, there was more to Ashton too, hidden behind pretty curls and strong legs.

The boy entered the math class seeing Jacob and Luke talking to each other, Luke seated on a desk whilst the older of the two was in his chair. Ashton gave a weak smile again brushing his hair across his forehead. He really needed a haircut.