FOUR: Spoiled Wittle Rich Kid

Felicity Sage

"Mom, please stop crying."

"But honey," she blubbers, "I just miss you so much."

"Mom, I miss you too."

"Can't you just fake being sick or something and come back," she hiccups.

"Mom! No, I want to help these people. Listen, I have to go. I will talk to you later. I love you." I hang before she continues to babble on. She can be crazy sometimes. But I understand why she's worrying. After what happened, I would too.

I walk to my hut after the long morning (and afternoon), ready to take a nap in the 30 minutes they allotted for a break.

After Hayden had left, everyone quickly and quietly went back to work because we still had hundreds of mouths to feed.

"Thank you, honey," Aniso had said, smiling gratefully.

"No problem." I smiled back. In those two hours between Hayden's Kitchen Fiasco and the afternoon break, we were able to feed everyone their breakfast, and we were able to finish dinner. After my job of washing the dishes had come to an end for the day, I helped with the cooking. Aniso had to teach me as we went, but I learned (and I didn't burn the tent down!)

I climb into my hut, ready to jump into my bed when I see Hayden.

"Hello...? I hope you know that you're in the wrong hut. Oh wait, are you here with Ashley?" I scrunch up my nose in disgust.

"No, I came here to talk to you."

"About what?"

"About your attitude in the kitchen today. That is no way to treat your boss."

"My attitude. What about yours?"

"I didn't have one. I was minding my own business when you and the poor dumbasses decided to butt your head into my business. You, on the other hand? You were pretty bitchy."

I laugh, "You? Weren't bitchy? That's funny."

"I don't see how it is funny. You know, you're nothing but a bitch who always needs to have her way. Honestly, it's probably why you came here. To order these dumb idiots around so you could feel important. Well guess what, bitch? You're not." he scoffs. Who the heck does this guy think he is?

"Excuse me, and how did you come to this conclusion?" I pause, "Oh, I get it. It's because I 'embarrassed' you in front of everyone, isn't it? My bitchy attitude and the fact that I, a girl, embarrassed you."

"No, you lit-"

"Aww, did I hurt the spoiled wittle rich kid's feelings?" I coo. His face begins to turn red, from anger, I assume.

"Now, please get the hell out of my hut. If you want to have sex with Ashley, do it in yours, not in mine."

-----

After my encounter with Hayden in my hut, I couldn't sleep. It's dark out now and I was bored out of my mind. I had already finished cleaning the dinner dishes and read one and a half of the seven books I had brought with me. Everyone was sleeping and the camp was dead silent.

So I decide to explore the camp a bit. We were not allowed outside the camp, but luckily there was a forest type area behind the camp that I hope was not forbidden.

I sneak out of the tent and quietly head towards the forest. Using my phone as a flashlight, I guide myself through the forest. After what seemed like hours (but in reality was a few minutes), I stumble onto a clearing. I smile to myself and lay down.