Hospital Trip at the Worst Time

All of us sat in the living room playing board games.  Every time Stamps laughed, I fell head over heels in love all over again.  We hadn't made it official yet, but Amy and Squid had decided, we are a couple now. To avoid this awkward conversation with them, we would give each other little pecks on the lips every time they turned around.  "Do you guys maybe want to go out somewhere to get lunch?"  Stampy said.  We all said sure.  We went to a little cafe at the far side of town.  It was a very nice place. I had some lasagna and got it all over my face (of course) and Stampy had a sandwich and chips.  When he saw the food on my face, he wiped it off and we cracked up laughing.  When the lunch was over, Stampy wanted to go see a movie, but Amy and Squid decided to go home (they had no interest in seeing the movie).  It was just Stampy and me again. This time it felt like a date, not a welcome party though, so I was nervous.

   We had to waited in the car for the movie time, since we were a bit early.  "I know this isn't important at all, but it's just a burning question of mine!  Sqaishey what's your real name?"  We had never revealed our names to each other.  I am always going to call him Stampy because that's who he has been since I was 14, and I didn't think he really needed to know my name, but he was special and I thought he might as well know. "It's Beth... Beth Bates. But don't you dare think about calling me anything other than Sqaishey. Got it?"  He replied, "Wouldn't dream of it Beth.." He had revealed his name to me a while ago, and he said the same. "Okay then Joey!"  I replied.

  We laughed for ages. Then, for a moment, we stopped and looked into each other's eyes.  He started leaning toward me.  I leaned toward him.  We're going to kiss...again! I thought.  Before our lips even touched, a truck ran into the side of our car.  The glass from the window shattered and cut me on my face.  Then, the truck hit us again and the car rolled into a ditch.  The world went black and I heard Stampy screaming my name, trying to get to me, but I couldn't respond.