Chapter 6

Tracks

- Kicking and Screaming by All Time Low 

- Move Along by The All-American Rejects

Chapter 6: The Best Superpower 

I am Adrien Espinosa.

I was named after the part of the Mediterranean Sea where my parents met and fell in love with each other. I'm 18 but I looked as if I'm 21. I was born on May 2. 

I am the captain of our basketball team, football quarterback, volleyball team captain, best badminton player, and the school's most popular jock. I belong in two groups: My original group, the guy athletes, and my second group, the volleyball girls which were all ladies except me. I am honestly grateful my friends were always by my side, I even owe them my popularity. Somewhat, I think it is the best superpower you can have here in Cheshire High. And we live by the words, move forward or move along.

Sports is a way of living to me. And it runs in our family. Allora, my eldest sister, is now a professional sports trainer and coach at a university. She was the captain of the cheerleading team, swimming team, and volleyball team in her college, like my other sister, Aiges, who's about to graduate this fall.

My mom, the gorgeous Amelie Espinosa who was a cheerleader in her highschool and college years, is a diver. She met my father, who's also a diver, when she and her friends explored the Adriatic Sea. My dad, the legendary Aaron Espinosa, was a quarterback in both his highschool and college days. His team holds the unbreakable record of 6-peat championship in International Football League, goodness! I honestly want to make history like my dad. My team already got 4-peat championship, only 3 championships more to win and beat their record.

My little brother, Andrew, I see he has a potential. I'm sort of jealous, the kid already knows how to swim. What more if he grew up? Goodness, he can be better at everything than me. 

I started in Cheshire High when I was in 7th grade. And I was in a relationship with Angie for almost 2 years.

I was bestfriends with Mark. He was as if a real brother to me. Whenever I needed help, I can always count on him.

Just like right now.

"Hey," I called Mark. He was sitting next to a trash bin, gawking at the folds of tissue paper in his hands and I instantly felt guilty for what Angie did to him. "I got the punishment already. Could you help me clean this parking lot shit at dismissal? Please."

"Go fuck yourself." He stood up, turned his back at me and began walking away.

"What the-" My eyes widened in disbelief.

He stopped to look at me then burst out laughing. "Your face-" He pointed between laughs, "Hilarious!"

I gave a frustrated look.

"No. Really, It's okay. You can - hahahahahahah." After a minute of hysterical laughter, he continued. "- count on me, bro."

I regret I felt sorry for you, Asshole.

"Don't worry, bro. I'll also ask the others to help." He smiled and raised his fist, which instantly removed my ire. "Thanks, Asshole." I muttered and bumped fist with him.

"No problem, Bastard."

We sat down in silence. But there's still one thing in my mind I want to know. Finally, after mentally debating myself I decided to ask about it.

"Either way," I drawled, "Do you know the girl?"

He was dumbfounded for a moment, then spoke. "I don't know girls names. Unless I had-"

I cut him off, knowing already what he would say next. "Alright. I don't want to hear it anymore."

After a minute.

"Do you know the one who sings?"

"What?" Mark replied, somehow confused and I instantly felt idiotic for asking such a ridiculous question. Goodness, Adrien.

"At the Performing Arts Club."

"Her name was Zoey? Right?"

I looked at him hopefully and he respond.

"Yeah. I think so."

I bump my fist in the air. "I got it! Hahahaha!"

He looked at me, somewhat perplexed.

"Oh." I stopped. "Is she one of your friends with benefits?"

"No." Mark glowered, "I barely even know her."

"Alright." Zoey.

I felt like grinning.

"Why do you ask?" He muttered, his voice sounding intrigued.

"Nothing." I said instantly.

"Is she your type?"

"Zoey?" I shrugged. Whenever I get to like a girl, I can't have the chance to date them. Angie would harass them like she always do and torment them for the rest of the year. The only reason why we are still in a relationship is to keep our positions as leaders in our field.

We've agreed about it long ago, and she knows we're only doing this because everyone expects us to.

"There's just something happened earlier and I somewhat saved her from Hayes." I said instead.

"Oh. Damn that jerk."

I laughed. Mark is Hayes' arch-nemesis, and honestly, she's everyone's arch-nemesis. She's the worst human being to be a teacher and although I'm her favorite student, it's still wrong of her hurting students both physically and academically.

Speaking of which, "How's your nose?"

He unfolded the tissue paper in his hands, I became honestly terrified when I saw the amount of blood.

"Bloody hurts."