Chapter 19

Alex's POV

Dripping wet. Dripping wet, she stood in front of me , at my door and I had to control myself.
"What happened?", I whispered.
"Well, Ailene wanted everybody to jump in the pool. So I did", she laughed a bit.

"Did you drink?", I asked .
"Only 2 cans of beer, why? Do I look drunk?", she questioned.
"Nonono. No, not at all ,sweetheart. I was just wondering why you aren't completely wasted. When I graduated, I drank so much that I didn't remember the party!", I laughed and motioned her to go to the bathroom so she could change. I gave her some clothes to sleep in and took two glasses and a bottle of wine.

"I didn't want to show up here drunk", she stated as she came back to the living room "but I did have fun though, I saw Martin hooking up with some chick and Ailene and Rosie wer-.." I shut her up by kissing her passionately on the lips.

"What?", I asked
"Huh what what?", Joanna said confused. "You told me something about Ailene and Rosie.", I explained.
"Oh yeah, well you distracted me", she winked, "but anyway, they were kissing! Do you think it's serious between them or just a one time thing?"
"She's your friend, I don't know.. I've seen them in the hallway together, but that doesn't say anything .."

"I'll ask her tomorrow", she mumbled and took a sip from her wine. "Hmm, you should", I nodded. It's strange how this girl who yesterday still was my student, now not anymore, can be so comfortable about all this. I mean, I'm five years older, I have a child and I'm her teacher. Was. I was her teacher. We've made it, I never expected it, but we made it through those last months. And now, our future can start. Joanna, Simon and I will move in together in two weeks and I'm so excited and so happy. I guess I've never been this happy my whole life.

"Hey! You're dreaming!", Joanna waved, "what were you thinking about?", she questioned. "Just some things.. You know I'm really happy we made it through all this and it feels like our life can finally start and gosh it makes me so so happy", I blushed.

"Me too, I don't know what I would be without you. You're my sunshine on a dark day, seriously..", she answered. Our fingers interlocked and she laid down on my chest. A few years ago, I wouldn't have pictured me here, but I'm so glad this happened.

Joanna's POV

"Baby?",
"Hmm?"
"Babe, your phone is ringing"

We've been sleeping for so long. What time is it? Seriously? Already 1 o'clock. I jumped out of her arms and picked up my phone. A few minutes later, the phone call was over.

"Well, it seems like we're having a double date.. If you're alright with it?"
"Yeah, of coarse. Who was it?", she asked.
"Ailene. She didn't want to say who was her date, but I have a feeling I know who it is..", I winked

"Let's get ready then", she said and smacked my ass.