Chapter 20

Joanna's POV

"Are these the last ones?", I asked as I put the boxes down in our new appartment.
"Yeah", Alex nodded and started to unpack the first one.

We had fun on the date. Of coarse Ailene brought Rosie, it was predictable and to my surprise it wasn't really awkward. Alex got to know Rosie and Ailene better and the hatred between me and Rosie has somehow disapeared . It was nice.

"Hey babe", Alex began, "how about going to the beach after we unpacked everything?"
"Sounds fun, but isn't it going to be too late for Simon?", I asked.
"He'll like it and maybe, he sleeps a bit longer tomorrow", she argumented
"Yeah, that would be nice actually. Let's do it"

Around 8 PM, we were ready and headed to the beach, which wasn't too far from our appartment. It was getting dark and that was the perfect opportunity for a romantic walk on the beach with your girlfriend.. And her toddler. Simon is awesome, I really like him, but he can sometime ruin little moments. But I like it, my life is perfect like this.

"Let's look for shells, mommy Jo!", he shouted.
"Okay, the one who finds the most beautiful one gets an ice cream", I said.
"I'm joining!", Alex squeaked.

"Mommy, I think I found the most beautiful one",Simon screamed afer a while.
"Let me see", Alex demanded. And while they were discussing about the shell, I zoned out and tried to find a better one. I wanted that ice cream so badly.

"Babe, you should really watch this", Alex said. I walked over to her and saw she held the shell in her fist. "Well.. Can I see it?", I asked.

She opened her hand and saw a beautiful shell, it was a double one and it was closed. "Okay it is..-"
"Shh", she said and went down on one knee. What the hell is she doing? Oh god.. She can't be serious.

Alex opened the shell and a beautiful ring appeared. "Joanna, I know that people are going to say it's too early for this, but I don't care. I love you. I will always love you. I loved you since the first time I teached and nobody liked me but you. You've got some kind of magic I guess, you healed me. It was hard for us to be together, but now we're here , our own place. We made it, I didn't expect this when we started this, but we made it. But we're not at the end of the road yet, when you graduate I want to buy a house with you, buy a dog, maybe get another kid, grow old with you.. But now I just want the world to know that you're mine.. by making you my wife. So Joanna, will you marry me?"

"Oh my god, stand up.. I'm so speechless", I kissed her on the lips, intertwined our fingers , looked her straight in the eyes and whispered: "I do" and kissed her again.

" Can we now get some ice cream?", Simon, who was standing behind us and had no clue of what was happening, asked. "Yeah, c'mon, I'll pay.", I said as I slipped my hand in Alex's hand and walked towards the shop. And I have never felt more happy.

THE END

AN: this is the end! Maybe I'm making a sequel, but I don't know yet. Anyway I'm starting to write a whole different story and soon it will be online so take a look at my page ;)