Chapter 13: The Fire That Burns Inside

POV: Riley.

It was evening when finally arrived home. I took a deep breath as I plopped down on the couch. Carson winked at me and sat down beside me. I laid my head on his lap when his mom entered the room with a tall guy with fire red hair. He was amazingly beautiful, not as beautiful as Carson, but something told me he was nomad. The edges of his features were very sharp. His green eyes shined brighter than any emeralds I’d ever seen. I blushed when he realized I was staring at him.

“You are the most beautiful ginger boy, I’ve ever seen.” I blurted out unwillingly.

Mrs. Hunter’s eyes shot wide, and I heard Carson start growling behind me. I blushed deeper as the mystery man’s grin broke out. He was so breath taking. I could feel a fire burning inside me, and I didn’t like it.

“I could say the same to you, Miss Starr.” He said.

Carson growled.

“That’s Mrs. Hunter, to you.” He snapped.

The guy chuckled.

“Not as of yet! But have no fear, that’s why I am here. Mrs. Hunter sent me, I’m here to help plan the up coming event for this weekend.” He said not taking his eyes off of mine.

Carson stood up.

“No mom! I don’t want him anywhere near Riley!!” He protested.

My stomach felt as if flames were licking them from the inside. I took a cool breath and it caught in my throat, when he winked at me. Carson looked back at me and stood in my view of the beautiful creature in front of him. I shook my head, how was he doing this to me?

“What are you doing to her?” He asked outraged.

The man put his hands in his pockets and smirked a crooked smirk.

“Carson, might I give some advice? If you feel so inferior with Miss Starr’s feelings, are you sure you want to go through with this?” He asked confidently.

Carson’s jaw tensed.

“How dare you! I know you are a vampire, and you have some sort of mind control power.” Carson said.

Carson’s mom stepped in front of Carson. I smiled at the image, Carson towered over here by at least a foot. She put her hands on his chest.

“Please Carson, I think you are over reacting. You know that Riley would never want anyone but you.” She said trying to reason.

“Besides, your father is in his study. He would like to see you.” She added.

Carson looked back at me, and then nodded. He waved me over. I jumped off the couch and walked over to him, noticing how weak my knees were. Ugh what did this vampire do to my body?

“Riley?” He asked pulling me into his arms.

“Yes?” I asked.

“If you aren’t comfortable with me leaving I can wait to talk to my father.” He said kissing my forehead.

I shook my head.

“No Carson; don’t make him wait. He’s probably missed you.” I said plastering a smile on my face.

Truth was, I was kind of scared being with this vampire by myself for very long. Was it too late to cancel the party?

He nodded and smiled kissing the corner of my mouth. The loving gesture shook me with shivers through my entire body. God what were these men trying to do to me. I could tell by the way the vampire boy’s eyes bored into Carson, there was some sort of competition going on silently between them. Why did I have a feeling I was the prize?