Chapter 2

"That was probably the dumbest thing you could do" Tiffany snarled at me.

"Leave these girls out of it. I'll take all the beating's and crap you want to give me but if you bring in some random girls I will take you down" I threatened. That was probably pretty dumb but still, I am not letting these girls get beaten on my account.

"I'll see you after school behind the building on Monday, you better be their or else," Tiffany threatened. She turned and her and her girls stalked of to go flirt with some boy who is dumb enough to listen to them. I turned around and addressed the girls behind me saying

"I'm really sorry about that. I don't mean to get you hurt, I should probably leave now but it was nice chatting with you," I turned and walked out the door, I was about halfway home when my left arm was grabbed. I back kicked and hit the person in the gut then I whirled around out of their grip and got into a defensive fighting stance in case they attacked again. She didn't instead she was doubled over having trouble breathing. It was the light brown haired girl, with sea green eyes from Starbucks.

"Christina calm down. It'll be just fine just breathe OK? Just breathe," the long dark brown haired girl said with her hand on Christina's back. So the girl with light brown hair and green eyes somewhere around 5'5' or 5'6' is Christina. Good to know. I could see that she wasn't calming down and was still struggling to breathe so I went over, put my hand on her shoulder grabbed her hand and put it on my stomach.

"Christina listen to me, I want you to focus on me OK? Look in my eyes, don't look anywhere else. Feel my breathing mimic it OK, no don't look away look at me. Mimic my breathing OK, ready in, out, in, out, good see you can do this OK. In, out, in,out there you go. Good job," I said as she began to calm down.

 Meanwhile the short girl who couldn't have been more than 5 foot tall with long, brown hair and green eyes looked like she was going to murder me.

"Alright, well I better be going now that she's OK," I said.

"Oh no you don't," said the girl "You are going to pay for that."

I turned and started running, fortunately I was pretty close to home, unfortunately she gave chase. I heard the girls behind her yelling for Amy which I assume is her. I got on my street and saw my moms truck, police cruisers and ambulances in front of my house. Oh My Gosh what did my dad do.

Amy's POV:

I rounded the corner following Jessica and saw a whole bunch of cops and paramedics in front of a dark brown house. I watched as Jessica sank to her knees and buried her head in her hands. Instantly I felt pity and went to go comfort her. I got on my knees beside her and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. She leaned in and cried on my shoulder. A female cop saw us and came over.

"Do either of you know a Jessica or Nicholas Reali," she asked nicely, wait Nicholas as in Christina's Nick?

"I'm Jessica and Nick is my cousin," said Jessica taking her head out of my shoulder.

"I'm sorry to say this but your mom was found beaten to death and your dad has ran away," said the cop. Jessica again buried her head in my shoulder and cried. My phone started ringing and I let it go.

"We need you to confirm it was her if you don't mind," the cop said addressing Jessica.

She and Jessica went over and into the house and I called Christina back and told her where I was and told her to come now.

Christina's POV:

I just got off the phone with Amy and she said to meet her and she sounded frantic. I rounded the corner and saw her sitting on the sidewalk.

"Amy," I yelled as I walked over to her "what's wrong."

"Jessica's dad beat her mom to death," she told me.