Chapter 10

Jessie's POV:

I have 5 girls in front of me, 1 clinging to me. I have to decide right here on the spot if I want to sign those adoption papers.

I started to say something when Lisa whispered in my ear.

"Please Jessie,"

She called me Jessie, she cares about me. They all care about me. I looked at each of their faces and made a decision.

"Give me the papers," I sighed holding out my hand.

"Wait what," said Christina.

"Give me the papers. Oh and a pen I'll need one," I smiled.

My smile was contagious as the rest of the girls simultaneously started smiling. Lisa just gripped me tighter. I took the papers from Christina and took the pen from Katherine. I put the papers on the table next to me signed them then handed them back to Christina.

"Welcome to the family Jess," Lisa whispered into my ear "I love you,"

"Thank's," I replied "It's nice to feel loved,"

Then Nick came in and asked me to come outside. I handed Lisa off to Amy and went outside with Nick.

As I began to ask him what he wanted when 2 girls stepped out of a police cruiser. I ran towards them and jumped into the older ones arms.

"Megan," I said gripping her tightly "How did you know I was here,"

"Nick," said Liz "Now when are you going to hug your favorite cousin,"

"I am," I said while teasingly sticking out my tongue at her.

"Hey," she said.

Megan put me down and I jumped into Liz's arms.

"Hey Lizzy," I said.

"Hey J," she said as she carried me out back and walked over to the edge of the Cimorelli's pool.

"NO. LIZZY DON'T YOU DARE DROP ME. MEGAN HELP ME,"

Megan came up behind Liz saw our predicament and pushed Liz who fell into the water with me. We both surfaced looked at each other then looked at Megan. We pulled ourselves out of the pool then started chasing Megan around the yard. She slipped and I grabbed her arms and Liz her legs and we threw her into the pool. We jumped in after her and swam around for a minute or to when all of a sudden their was a big splash.

"NICK," we all yelled at the same time.

He surfaced and we splashed him then he splashed Megan and eventually we all just started splashing each other. About ten minutes later we stopped splashing and headed over to the 6 foot end and started treading water.

"So," starts Nick "You were adopted by the girls,"

"Yeah," I said "I'm scared,"

"How come," asked Liz.

"Because I'm scared of this new chapter in life,"  I replied.

Megan came over and put her arm on my shoulder.

"You've got this J. Remember we are only one phone call away if you ever need us,"

"Thanks guys. Your the best cousins ever," I told them.

"Yeah. We know," they said together.

We laughed then climbed out of the pool and lay on the side. Megan grabbed my left hand and Liz my right and they started singing.

Your not alone
Together we stand
I'll be by your side you know I'll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There's no place to go
you know I won't give in
No I won't give in

Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through