Flasher-Mac (Part 3 of 13)

A few months later

Castiel sat watching ducks swim across a small lake. It was all very peaceful and beautiful. He had been sitting there, alone, for a good three hours, when a call for help came over the Angel waves. He sensed the call was Dean but there was something that didn't feel quite right.

A second later the Angel was stood in some sort of rundown house, watching the residual energy of a ghostly old woman, run screaming towards two girls, who sat huddled on the floor. The ghost had a truly terrifying shriek and he could tell looking at the state the  girls were in, that it was giving the horrifying performance on a regular loop.  Castiel looked around the rest of the room, trying to locate Sam or Dean. He was so sure the distress call had come from where he presently stood, but it was hard to make sense of stuff with the apparition screaming through the house. Whilst still looking around, he spied a silver zippo lighter on the floor, next to an old wooden hairbrush. Trying to put the pieces of the situation together, Castiel made the assumption that the girls were trying to rid the house of the spirit, by burning one of the ghosts possessions.

Castiel picked up the lighter, struck it once and set the flickering flame to the old hair brush. Right Before his eyes, the ghost burned-up, leaving silence in her absence.

He stepped over to the two girls sat huddled on the floor, their heads shielded by each other's arms. He frowned looking down at them, becoming even more confused. It had been the dark-haired one that sent the call for help, he could sense it from her, but he had been so sure it was Dean. Upon hearing the newly silenced room, the Brunette cautiously lifted her head, then recoiled backwards at the unexpected vision of the full-grown man in a long beige Mac standing in front of her. She fumbled for her weapon whilst leaning foward and pulling the blonde girl backwards, keeping distance between them . Castiel frowned again as he looked down at their frightened faces.

"Dean?" He hesitantly asked. The Winchesters had been in some very strange situations over the years. The idea of a body switch was not beyond the realm of possibility.

"Do I look like a Dean to you?" The brunette abruptly answered, pointing her knife at him, at arms length.

"No, you do not look like Dean but you.......feel like him" Castiel answered, finding it strange that this girl had such a similar energy to his friend, it appeared that she may even have his short-temper too.

"I feel like him, what the hell is that supposed to mean? Never mind, I'm more Interested in who you are and how you got in here?" She asked, starting to stand and helping the blonde to her feet. Castiel heard the blonde suddenly cry out in pain before he could answer her questions. She was hurt, it looked like a damaged ankle. Sprained or maybe even broken. He tried to step forward and offer his help, but the dark-haired girl jabbed the knife forward, warning him to keep his distance.

"I am Castiel and I heard your call for help" he politely answered.

"How did you get that lighter to work? " she began, looking at the zippo Castiel had in his hand. "I tried to get a spark on that thing for the last hour and got nothing". Castiel could see through her abrupt questioning that she was trying to hold back tears. It seemed they'd been through quite the ordeal and maybe the brunette wasn't as surly and fearless as she wanted him to believe.

"I only want to help. Please let me help you?" He said taking another step towards the blonde. Both girls cowered like injured animals, but let him approach. He helped the blonde safely back down to the floor, then placed his hand along her injured ankle. After a few moments the pain was gone. Neither girl could speak as they witnessed what was surely a miracle. Cas used the moment to initiate a conversation.