9. Strength

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL it's been like a million years. I thoroughly apologize for not updating... I suck. I promise I'll try to update the rest of the story much quicker. If you're reading this after so long, you da real MVP. Enjoy!
____________________________________________________

Juvia literally did not know her own strength. She didn't remember. But everyone told her how powerful she was, and how she was probably one of the most powerful mages in Fairy Tail. So when Gajeel had told her to start practicing her magic, she expected for it to come naturally. She tried her water lock, water slicer, and everything else others remembered her doing. But none of them worked the way they were supposed to. When she lost her memory, she must have forgotten how to properly use her magic as well. And it frustrated her so much that she kept accidentally turning into water.

Juvia didn't notice that in the process, she ended up causing a rainstorm so powerful that everyone in Magnolia was given a weather warning and told to stay inside. Juvia sighed. Maybe she would never be able to do magic the same again. That thought made her sadder than ever. She went into the guild hall, peering out the window at the gloomy day she had accidentally created. She realized that being a water Mage was kind of depressing.

"You've just got a lot of power," A voice said. Juvia turned around to see Natsu approaching her. "I'd know all about that, of course," he said, with a playful smile. But something about him made Juvia realize he wasn't just kidding.

"How do you control it?" Juvia asked. "I can't go around with a rainstorm above me everywhere."

"Yeah, that's how you used to be," Natsu said, pressing his forehead against the window. "You were a gloomfest all the time. But then you joined Fairy Tail, and I think making friends and being part of a family made you happier and less... Gloomy." Natsu looked over at Juvia.

"So what's making you gloomy again?" He asked.

"Is that even a question??" Juvia asked. "I lost my memory. I don't remember my closest friends or even the guy I was supposedly in love with. I can't even do magic properly... It's just so frustrating!" Juvia said, slamming her fist down on the window sill.

Outside, the rain poured even harder.

"You remembered me," Natsu said, uncharacteristically quietly.

"What?"

"Remember? When you woke up? You remembered my name. And if you remembered me, then there's still hope that you'll remember everything else." Natsu smiled a toothy grin at her.

Juvia found herself blushing. What is wrong with me? Juvia mentally kicked herself. From what she had observed, Lucy and Natsu seemed to be really close. They might even be together, Juvia wasn't sure. So then why did Natsu, with his dragon-like grin and comforting words make Juvia's cheeks hot?

"Hey, you did it!" Natsu said, pointing outside.

"Did what?" Juvia followed his gaze out the window.

The rain had stopped, and a beautiful rainbow was spreading over Magnolia.

Until then, Gray had been watching from the shadows. Silently, he left the guild hall.