23. Juvia and Gray

Back at the guild hall, Juvia was quiet.

Lucy looked at her, concerned.

"Natsu will take care of Gray," she assured Juvia.

"But...Juvia doesn't want..." Juvia sniffled. "Juvia doesn't want Gray-sama to come back to Juvia by force..."

Juvia wiped away a tear.

"If Gray-sama can't bear to look at Juvia, she will accept her punishment. Juvia...Juvia deserves it..." Even though Juvia was trying not to cry, the tears wouldn't stop coming.

All the reasons why Juvia had fallen in love with Gray had come back to her at once. She was overwhelmed with just how powerful her love for him was.

But now...the thought that Gray couldn't even be in the same room as Juvia made her heart break in a million different pieces.

Lucy put her hand on Juvia's shoulder. She hated seeing her friend so sad, especially after everything she had just been through.

She looked out the door.

Natsu... Bring him back...

~~~

Gray was running back to the guild, his mind overflowing with thoughts.

Juvia...

He shoved open the doors and looked around for the blue haired Mage.

"Gray!" Lucy saw the Ice Make Mage run through the doors, breathing heavily.

"Where is she?" Gray asked Lucy, not seeing Juvia anywhere.

Lucy understood immediately. She pointed back outside.

"Juvia...She just left to go back to Fairy Hills! If you run you can catch her," Lucy said. Gray didn't even wait for her to finish her sentence, running out of the guild hall towards Fairy Hills.

He saw a figure in the distance, walking slowly with her head down. He felt humidity in the air, and when he looked up he saw some rain clouds gathering.

"Juvia!" Gray yelled. Juvia's head perked up. She turned around, her beautiful blue hair swirling around her head.

Gray knew he had to tell her, once and for all. Tell her that he couldn't bear to see her different from her usual, loving, caring self. That he never wanted to see her cry because of him again. That she was beautiful, and that he couldn't stop thinking about her.

That he loved her.

"Gray-sama?" Juvia asked, wiping her eyes and looking confused.

"Juvia..." Gray finally caught up to her and stopped to catch his breath. He put his hands on his knees and breathed heavily.

"Juvia, I..." He started to say, in between breaths.

"It's okay." Juvia interrupted, with a sad voice. Gray looked up, confused.

"Gray-sama is going to say sorry for walking away from Juvia, right?" Juvia turned around, facing away from Gray. She looked down.

"But... He doesn't have to. Juvia deserves it. Juvia was so horrible to Gray-sama..." Juvia's voice trailed off as she started to cry again.

"Juvia..." Gray said, softly, shaking his head. She had it all wrong.

"Juvia caused Gray-sama a lot of pain recently. It's okay if he hates...if he hates..." Juvia couldn't even get the words out, her sobs interrupting her sentence.

Gray couldn't watch her suffer anymore. He pulled Juvia backwards into a hug. He buried his face in her hair from the back, breathing in her scent of fresh dew drops and lilies. His arms wrapped around her waist, gripping her tightly.

Juvia fell silent, shocked at Gray's sudden affection. She felt his chest rising and falling against her back with every breath.

She was reminded of the day she confronted him in the snowy mountains about his father. How warm he was...how comfortable and natural she felt in his arms... How her heart raced.

Juvia didn't want to say anything to ruin the moment, but then Gray broke the silence with a soft voice. She wouldn't have even heard him if he wasn't right next to her ear.

"Juvia... I could never hate you..."

"Gray-sama..." Juvia whispered, her tears still falling.

"Because... Juvia... I..." Gray tried to say the words. The three words to correctly explain his feelings towards the beautiful woman in his arms. He felt heat rising to his face and knew it would just be easier if he expressed himself in a different way.

He turned Juvia around and tipped her chin upwards.

"Because of this..."

Gray closed the distance between their lips, and Juvia froze, shocked at what was literally a dream come true for her. Her tears flowed out more than before, but they were tears of pure joy. Juvia shut her eyes, leaning into the kiss, placing her hands on either side of his neck.

After everything they'd been through... After everything she had said and done to him...

Juvia felt Gray's arms wrapping around her, enveloping her in his warmth again. He broke away from the kiss for a second, but Juvia stood on her tiptoes and pressed her lips against his again, not wanting the moment to be over.

Juvia didn't want to open her eyes. She never wanted to move... She wanted to stay in Gray's arms forever.

A smile tugged at the corner of Gray's lips as Juvia laid her head on his chest. He noticed that the air was no longer humid, and that the sky was completely clear. He tightened his arms around Juvia.

This is the real Juvia...
No broken memories.
No mind control.
No side effects.
Just Juvia.
She's the one who loves me.

She's the one I love.

_______________________________________________
A/N: yup. It happened. The Gruvia kiss. This story is pretty much over now, but... Stay tuned for an epilogue!

Also if you haven't already, check out my new stories: Roses are Red, Violets are Blue (Jerza) and my new Fairy Tail Lemon book that features some Gruvia smut ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll also be starting a Stingue fanfic soon because StingxRogue is just. ❤️😍😭🙌🏽👌🏽 So keep an eye out for that!

And, as always, thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment and vote if you liked it :)