14. No Control

Sorry that it's been a while since I've updated... again... 
Anyways! Enjoy & give it a vote if you like it! Thank you :)

____________________________________________________________________

Juvia hated the feeling of someone else controlling her body. It was so unnatural, and she was constantly worried that Koturo would use her body to harm her friends. 

"Anyways, where's that idiot Gajeel?" Natsu asked, scanning the area. "I don't see him anywhere..."

Gajeel! Juvia wondered what happened to him. She knew he was strong, and that he'd probably be fine, but if he had also fallen prey to mind control magic... Fairy Tail was in trouble.

"He went chasing after some of the members who tried to run away," Juvia heard herself say. It sounded just like her. If Juvia was anyone else, she would have no clue that someone else was actually controlling her mind.

How? I've never seen magic like this before in my life, Juvia wondered.

It's an ancient, forbidden magic. Koturo's voice rang in Juvia's head. I've been studying it for years, mastering the art.

You...GET OUT OF MY MIND! Juvia tried to yell. Ominous laughter rang in her ears.

I'm afraid you are an important pawn in my game. I was going to use that Dragon Slayer, but your mind was so much easier to infiltrate. You barely have any memories at all, and your mental defenses are weak...It's easy to impersonate a person who doesn't even remember who she is!

Juvia was helpless. There was nothing she could do. This is all my fault... She thought sadly to herself.

"Juvia?" Lucy asked, concerned. "Are you really okay?"

"Yes, of course! Let's go back to the guild," Juvia's voice said.

No... I don't like this... He's planning on doing something to Fairy Tail, and he's going to use me to do it! Juvia's voice was clear in her mind, but no one else could hear it. Except Koturo.

"Shouldn't we find Gajeel first?" Happy asked.

"Yeah. Otherwise, he'll probably run into even more of these weirdos," Natsu said.

"No, I wouldn't worry about him," Juvia's voice said. "He's pretty tough, he'll manage. Let's go back..."

"That's true, he'll probably just bash them in with his metal skull," Natsu shrugged. "Let's get back, then."

"Yes! Let's go back," Koturo made Juvia say. Then, out of nowhere, Juvia grabbed Natsu's hand.

"Uh..." Natsu looked at their hands, confused.

"Eh?!" Lucy involuntarily made a noise as Juvia intertwined her fingers with Natsu's.

"She liiiiiiiiiikes you," Happy said, stifling laughter.

Gray had been unusually silent throughout everything, but now he spoke up.

"The hell are you doing?!" He asked.

I HAVE THE SAME QUESTION!! Juvia screamed inside her head, flustered.

Well, from what I can glean from your memories, you seem to have a crush on this pink-haired Dragon Slayer. And getting closer to him will definitely help me in my cause.

You...you sick bastard. Juvia desperately tried to regain control of her body, but the magic was simply too powerful.

  "I may have lied, I'm actually not feeling too well. You don't mind if I hold your hand on the way back, right Natsu? Just so that I have someone strong to lean on if I get tired..." Juvia's lips pouted and she looked up innocently at Natsu, who blinked in confusion.

"Eh...I guess so. But then wouldn't you want to hold Gray's hand?" Natsu asked, scratching his head.

What? Why would you want to do that? Koturo's voice sounded confused. In your memories, it seems like Natsu is more prevalent than Gray.

Juvia wanted to die of embarrassment. Luckily Gray ended the moment, brushing past her.

"Forget it. Let her do what she wants, Natsu," He said, pretending not to care. "Let's just go back to the guild."

"Okay then," Natsu said, cluelessly agreeing. He looked back at Lucy and gave her a sheepish grin. "This sure is weird, isn't it?" 

"Uh...yeah. Let's go, Happy," Lucy said, marching past them.

They started walking away, Juvia still gripping Natsu's hand. Gray and Lucy walked silently in front of them. Then, they heard a booming voice from behind them.

"YOU'LL NEVER GET AWAY WITH THIS! WHERE'S JUVIA?!"

"That's Gajeel!" Natsu said, turning around suddenly. Juvia's hand fell out of his as he raced towards the voice.

Those idiots... Koturo's voice growled. I should have known that they couldn't handle a Dragon Slayer.

They started running back, but they were intercepted by another group of the Serpents of Chaos.

"Jeez, how many of you are there?" Gray asked, tearing off his shirt.

"All right, we can take 'em, Lucy, Gray, Happy! Juvia, you can sit this one out if you're still tired," Natsu said. 

"Um...okay," Koturo made Juvia hide behind a tree.

Gray narrowed his eyes. That wasn't like Juvia, to back down from a fight just because she was a little tired. And there was definitely something weird about how she was holding Natsu's hand before. Not that he was jealous or anything, it was just unusual.

There's something wrong with Juvia, Gray thought to himself. But before he could do anything about it, he was apprehended by the Serpents of Chaos.

"Ice Make: Lance!" He yelled, sending a few of them flying.

Gray turned around to check on Juvia. He glanced at the tree. His eyes widened.

"Where's Juvia?" He yelled. She had disappeared.