Chapter Two: Team

My burns healed way faster than expected but the pain in my leg was almost unbearable, the doctors said it was broken.

"Man, this sucks" I muttered.

"Yeah, it must hurt really bad" a green girl with freckles appeared in the doorway.

My eyes widened, she looked vaguely familiar. Her red hair, green skin,freckles. Very familiar.

"Miss Martian" I recalled.

"You can call me Megan" she giggled.

"Uh, hi....Megan" I waved, just wanting her to leave.

"Hi Cara, are you feeling any better, how are those burns?" Megan inquired.

"Yeah, just a bit better but my stupid leg is broken" I told her.

She gave me a sympathetic look and smiled,"I made you cookies!"

She put them on the table next to my bed.

"Thank you Megan" I looked down at my scarred hands, "Do you happen to know where in the world I am?"

"You're in Gotham" she said, "But don't  worry we're taking you to Mount Justice  soon and-"

"Mount Justice?" I interrupted.

"Well yeah, that's were the rest of the team is" Megan answered.

Why are they taking me to Mount Stupid?

"So you're saying I'm  on the team?" I asked with disbelief.

"Well yeah" she calrified, "Batman said you'd make a great addition to the team, he's seen you fight, he knows you're a hero."

"Look, I'm  more of a solo hero ya know so I don't think this whole team thing will work out for me" I told her.

There was no way I was going to join this team. I don't wanna follow the 'rules' I want to live life free and wild! I'm a little hyperactive, I know but  don't worry I take medication for that.

"It'll  be great, don't worry!" She assured, "We'll come up with a name for you and a cool suit, and you'll meet new friends!"

I raised an eyebrow,"Do I actually have a choice in this?"

"I-don't know, it was Batman's  orders" Megan replied

Oh of course Batman's orders.

I know that you're nervous but it will be fine. A voice said inside my head.

I put my hand to my temple, man that gave me an awful headache. It wasn't  my conscience, because I know my conscience and it would never said that.

Who's talking in my head? You're not me, or my brain so get out. I mean, if you are my brain and I'm going crazy, tell me because I need my brain.

"Sorry" Megan blushed clearly embarrassed, "I couldn't help it"

"So you can speak inside my head?" I asked.

She furrowed her brow,"Well yeah, telepathic link, it helps us on our missions"

"Okay I gotta admit that's pretty awesome" I smirked.

"Yeah, and you should see what the rest of the team can do!" Her eyes brightened, "You'll love it!"

---------------------------------

As soon as my leg healed I was taken to Mount Justice to start my training. I was a little nervous, since I wasn't the type who liked working with a group.

"This is Artemis" Megan said pointing to a tan,blonde girl I guess I wasn't  the only blonde on the team

"And Wally, Connor, Kaldur, Zatanna and Robin" Megan introduced.

Kaldur shook my hand," Welcome to the team".

"Nice to meet you people" I said.

"Nice to meet you too" Zatanna replied swiftly.

-----------------------------

After the awkward introduction the team went over rules, tips and teamwork.

"So now that you know, do you have any questions?" Kaldur asked.

"No, not really" I said not wanting to hear anymore.

"We know you aren't a team player but that doesn't mean you can't learn to be. Besides you might just learn to like us" Robin said.

"Yeah sure, I'll try" I said,hoping it didn't come out sarcastic.

"Great! Let's go an make some cookies!" Megan said enthusiastically, dang she would be a great cheerleader because the mention of making cookies sure did cheered me up. Her cookies were heavenly..

"Make a whole tray just for me!" Wally called.

We went to the kitchen, and there was a lot of food. They had all my favorite snacks. This place was heaven. Maybe I was glad I came here after all, no not just for the food but for the friend making gig.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note

Hey! So  how are you liking it so far? I know It sucks but it's going to get better.

How do you think Cara is going to do on the team?

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting!