Chapter Thirty-Six: Flashback Chapter 2

Just imagine the picture above is Tessa and baby Charlotte

Charlotte- Four

Tessa's POV:

"Come on love you have to put your dress on." I heard Luke's voice in the other room. I walked in and Luke was holding up a gold, sparkly dress in front of Charlotte. She stood there with her arms crossed and a grumpy expression on her face.

"I don't want to." she said stubbornly.

"Please baby girl. Don't you want to go see daddy perform tonight?" he asked. The VMA's were tonight and 5sos were performing. But first we had to get Charlotte in her dress for tonight. I walked over to Luke.

"Baby, how about you put on your dress and you can help mommy get ready?" I suggested to her. She looked like she was about to say no but then I guess she changed her mind.

"Okay mummy." she said. I picked her up in my arms and Luke just looked at me and mouthed thank you to me. I took her into me and Luke's room and pulled out my dress. It was as slim black lace dress that went down to my feet. I had already done my hair and makeup and all I had to do was get dressed. I pulled the dress on as Charlotte waited patiently.

"Will zip me up sweet heart?" I turned my back to her. She zipped up my dress. I finally got her to put on hers. Luke was wearing and all black button up, and black jeans. Finally we left.

-------

We were walking onto the red carpet and cameras flashing all around us. I was used to this whole situation but Charlotte on the other hand wasn't really used to this type of life yet. She held onto my leg as we walked. She seemed very scared of all the lights and people.

"Daddy I want to go home." she whined as she pulled on Luke leg. He decided to pick her up and walk with her in his arms. She hid her face into his neck, as he rubbed her back trying to comfort her.

"Okay baby we are going to go sit down now. No more cameras." he assured her. She picked her head and looked at Luke.

"You look handsome tonight daddy." she said grabbing his cheeks.

"Thank you. You look beautiful." he said kissing her nose, which made her giggle. No matter how much Luke doesn't want to admit it but he is an amazing father. Just looking at them both acting silly on the red carpet makes me the happiest person alive. She is his whole world and he is hers.

Charlotte- 7

Luke's POV:

I waited for Charlotte to come home from school. Me and Tessa sat on the couch as we watched a movie together. I heard the front door open. I heard her walk up the stairs but she didn't say anything and immediately went into her room and slammed her door shut.

"I'll go see what's wrong." I said as I got up from the couch. I knocked on Charlotte's door.

"Charlotte, are you okay?" I asked softly. She said nothing, and all I could hear was her muffled cries. I turned the doorknob and opened the door. She laid on her bed and faced away from me. I sat myself on her bed.

"Love what's wrong?" I said. She turned and looked at me. Her face was red and swollen from crying. It broke my heart to her like this.

"I hate school." she cried and hugged me.

"What happened today?" I asked.

"All the kids make fun of me. They say my glasses are dumb and that my band T-shirts are dumb too." she explained.

"You are not dumb. People can be so mean, and they want to poke at you and tease you and make you feel like they are better than you but they aren't. You are beautiful and wonderful. I happen to love your glasses and shirts so it doesn't matter what anyone says to you." I explained to her.