Chapter 8- It's beginning

Just when it seems like I'm never going to see another person apart from the Sargent again, signs of life begin re-emerging. I started to see maids hurrying down corridors- when Sarge opened the door to leave- locking it behind him. Something is happening.. something new. Something dangerous.

I find myself standing by the full-length window, wrapped in a bed sheet and staring out into the great expanse of gardens when I see it. One of the huge hover carriages that I sometimes used to see along the road at the bottom of the gardens back home. I sigh, home, if a place like that even exists anymore.
It gleams through a cloud of dust stirred up by the whirring engines.
It fills me with drea. Makes me remember the soldiers tearing down the Manor drive way. Forces the voice of the mistress into my head;
"SOLDIERS!" 100 of them in every carraige. My brain repeats the number. 100 black suits with blood red thread sewn aroud the cuffs. 100 men just like the Sargent. No, I tell myself, No-one is like the Sargent.
I think he sees my worry as I watch the soldiers as they heave luggage onto their shoulders and laugh their way into the house. Sarge places a hand on my shoulder, making me jump then shudder as a finger trails down the nape of my neck and over the leather collar.

"What's happening?" I ask, one of the rare times I voluntarily talk to him. 

"You'll have to start calling me master from now on." I turn to loook up at him. I'm turning so strange- they have a name for this right? A word for someone who falls in lo- no! I'm not... I don't... I look at his face- he's so beautiful in the mid-morning light. There's no way I can deny it, I've given up trying to think of him as anything other than how he really is. But I make myself hate him, he destroyed everything.

"Sir-"

"Try again."

"...Master..." The word feels wrong, it seems to promise bad things, "What's happening?" 

He doesn't look at me- he just stares as clouds begin to conceal the sun. 

"It's beginning."

"What is?" 

His voice is barely louder than a gruff whisper, "Everything." 

________________________________________________________________
So this was insanely short but there are three reasons for this, 1) I'm about to start making longer, more fast-paced chapters... 2) I've been writing a lot of other stories at the moment and 3) Severe writers block.. *sigh*  I'm hoping to get the next chapter out soon though, possibly by Friday but maybe Saturday