Chapter 19

Ashton was laying on the floor in a pool of blood with Michael pressing down on his gut. A gun lay about two inches away from Ashton's right hand.
"Ashton?" I whispered. He was unconscious. I found his phone and called India. She picked up.
"India." I said.
"What do you want?" She snarled.
"Ashton's going to hospital." I replied.
"Why?" She asked worriedly.
"He shot himself." I said.
"Okay thanks." She said then she ended the call. Michael looked up at me.
"That's brave." He said.
"No it isn't. You're stopping Ash from bleeding out." I said. Michael went quiet. We heard a lot of people coming up the stairs. Calum and Luke had a group of paramedics behind them. The paramedics took over from Michael.
"Come on. Let's get you out." Calum said. He picked me up.
"No! No!" I yelled.
"We have to. You don't need to see this." Calum replied. He passed me over to Luke who carried me to my room. His arms were clean now. I curled into his chest and started crying.
"Ash can't die!" I cried.
"He won't. I promise." Luke said.
"It's all my fault. In the couple of weeks I've been here I've messed up everything. Ashton hates us." I said.
"No you haven't. Ashton's 21 and he's a control freak. He wasn't planning to adopt or even have kids this soon. He didn't expect that you would have feelings for one of us." Luke replied. Michael opened the door.
"We're going. Calum's in the ambulance with him." He said. Luke and I got up, following Michael to the car. Michael started the car whilst Luke tried to comfort me in the back. It was all my fault.
-
I felt only one song that could get me out of this hell. Ashton could die and it was me who caused it even though he brought it on himself.
We were sitting in a bland hospital room. All of us had headphones in. I had Wake Me Up When September Ends on repeat. Luke's hand was running through my hair but nothing could stop my worry and anxiety controlling my thoughts.
Soon enough two of us were allowed to sit in with Ashton. Luke and I went together but we soon fell asleep.
Ashton's PoV
I woke up to a sound of beeping. The last thing I remember was the gun going off. A mask was on my face, bandages over my stomach and I was hooked up to so many machines. I should have gone.
I should have gone. I looked either side of me. Beth was asleep on Luke on my right. Luke was asleep too. I saw Michael and Calum talking to a doctor outside. It was the same doctor that treated Beth.
"Beth!" I gasped. She flinched awake. Her head raised off Luke. They looked sweet together. I stretched out my arm to her.
"Ashton? You're alive." She said. She grabbed my hand. "I was worried sick.".
"How long have you been there?" I asked.
" I skipped school so I could be here. We spent the night here." Beth replied.
"Who said you could?" I asked.
"Calum." She said."Luke wake up!". She shook him awake. Luke's eyes opened.
"Ash!" He said.
"It hurts." I complained. My goofy grin returned to my face.
"How could you joke Ash?" Luke asked.
"I'm alive?" I question. Luke gently punched my arm.
"When you too were sleeping you looked cute." I said. Luke and Beth look at each other and smile.
"I found your phone and called India. She was perfectly civil when I told her what happened." Beth said.
"Is she here?" I asked.
"She wasn't allowed to see you so she went home." Luke said.
"She was actually nice to us." Beth said. I raised an eyebrow at the both of them.
"You're still a controlling father even though you shot yourself. You could have died!"Beth said.
"I'm sorry. You didn't speak to me anymore because I didn't accept you and Luke. The other two didn't either. You turned against me." I said.
"I still love you Ash even though you piss me off." Beth said. Calum spotted that I was awake and opened the door to my private room.
"We thought you died Ash! You had to be resuscitated! Twice! And emergency surgery!" Michael yelled.
"I went into cardiac arrest?" I asked. They all nodded.
"Police took the gun." Luke said.
"When?" I asked.
"They had to investigate the house last night to make sure it was safe." Calum explained." You're not being let out any time soon.".
"For how long?" I asked.
"Doctor said three months." Michael said.
"Don't worry Calum and Luke will look after me." Beth said.
"What about me?" Michael whined.
"You're my older brother. Luke's the boyfriend. Calum and Ash are my parents,Calum's definitely the mum, and Chelsea and Khloe are my sisters whilst India is my hated cousin." Beth said.
"That's not fair! It's because I don't have a beard or chest hair or leg hair!" Calum whined.
"Neither do I so just get used to it." Beth replied.
"Can I sleep now?" I asked.
"Sure." Luke said.