Chapter 14

I was pulled close into someone's chest. I guess it was Ashton.
"Ah look. That's so cute." Someone said. They had a Feminine voice so I guessed it was either Khloe or Chelsea.
"When did Beth forgive him?" Someone else said." He's been a douche.".
"Anyway, guys it's time to get up for school." Another voice said. A couple of camera clicks followed.
"I finished school so fuck off." Ashton said.
"But the little one in your arms isn't." Michael's voice said."come on open your eyes.". I opened one eye to see Calum, Michael, Khloe and Chelsea gathered around my bed. Khloe and Chelsea were both holding their phones.
"Look there's those pretty eyes." Calum said."Time to get up.".
"Ashton can I get up?" I asked rolling back into his arms.
"No. You're nicer at hugs than India." He said.
"But I need to get up." I argued.
"Let her get up. She's almost sixteen. She's at her worst so don't make her get angry." Khloe said. Ashton let me go. As I sat up we heard a loud hiss from Ashton's room.
"You ditched me for your daughter?" India screamed.
"It's not like I'm dumping you." Ashton mumbled. The boys got out of my room. Khloe and Chelsea opened my closet and started throwing out an outfit. A sleeveless white shirt, leather jacket, ripped black skinny jeans, a red beanie and my black converse were laying on my bedroom floor. I changed into them.
"I need to go get something." Chelsea said as I laced up my converse. As I finished she came back with a tie in her hand.
"Figured Michael would have one." She said tying I around my neck. I did loosen it a little bit. Chelsea pulled my hair into a tight high bun and kept my face clear of makeup.
I walked downstairs and had two pieces of toast in placed in front of me. I ate them quickly and went and brushed my teeth. When I came back downstairs I saw Michael had exactly the same outfit on as me.
"Really Michael?" I asked.
"Yes. Let's go." He replied.
-
"Beth can you stay behind for a second?" Mr Way called from the front as I was about to leave after homeroom.
"Why?" I asked as the last person walked out.
"Is everything okay at home?" He asked.
"Why do you need to know?" I answered. He raised an eyebrow at me.
"I'm adopted too. I've been through what you have." Mr Way said.
"You haven't had a guardian pull a gun out at you." I said.
"Just go to your next lesson. I'm not putting up with your attitude anymore." He replied. I walked out the classroom and my friends were lining up outside the classroom with a load of other people.
"What lesson?" I ask.
"English." Lex said."With the beloved homeroom teacher. Anyway what did he say to you?".
"He asked me if everything was okay at home and told me he was adopted too." I replied."But he doesn't understand. I've had a gun pulled out on me.". The boys raised their eyebrows. I turned around to see Mr Way standing right behind me.
"Oh hi sir." I said. Lex and Ezra started laughing their heads off. Mr Way gestured for us to go in.
"We've got a new project." Mr Way said once the class had calmed down."You have to design a group project on a celebrity. You have to find a way to display your information which can be anyway you want. I'm going to choose team leaders and you have to choose five other people. Got it?". The class nodded. I was called up to be a team leader and one by one choose my friends. We sat back at our table and they looked at me like they knew what we had to do. Then it clicked. We had to do about my parents.
"Do we have too?" I asked.
"Yes. Lex, Phoenix, Blade, Ezra and I all play instruments and you play bass." Jupiter said.
"And we can find out everything about them." Phoenix continued."We could do an interview and we could dress up as them.".
"But their is only four of them." I replied.
"You and Jupiter could be interviewers. Jupiter has been playing just over a year." Lex said."you've just started.". I went up to the front of class and said what we wanted to do. Mr Way let us have it.
"If we're going to dress up as them I need to bleach someone's hair." I said.
"But like the night before we perform it right?" Lex said. I nodded.
"We can get the information out of Khloe, Chelsea and Luke." I said.
"Why Luke?" Ezra asked.
"Luke does anything for me." I answered. They made kissing noises at me.
"Shut the hell up." I said as I threw my bag at them. I hated them so much.