Chapter 1- Just Visiting

*nobody's POV*

She was one for the simple things, something with meaning but was still subtle enough to almost be missed; She liked to appreciate the small things people missed. She had a special place in her heart for soccer however, a not so simple thing. Her most prized possession was a number 23 jersey, soon to become a favoured number 12.

She had a place in Chicago where she play's for the Chicago Red Stars. It's her home for now, she loved the place, but did want a move. She's the starting striker but she felt like it's only because she's a USWNT player, not because they actually appreciated her.

She had a few options, she wasn't sure which one she'd take, or if she would even make the move at all. The Portland Thorns are an option, seeing as they had put out their interest in the striker before. However Orlando Pride and Houston Dash both had expressed interest earlier this past year.

Houston Dash housed many opportunities, she had fellow national squad players, along with a fairly nice place to live. She still had the problem of finding a house when she did move there however.

Orlando Pride was a great option, she had friends and other national team players situated there. She could stay with Alex or Ashlyn until she found her place, and the state was friendly and full of opportunities.

Portland Thorns was the team she was most interested in. It was just depending on if they still wanted her. She loved Portland, having been there plenty of times to visit a certain midfielder. The team had a great structure with tonnes of talent within it. Tobin was probably the biggest magnet for the striker, they were the best of friends and had great chemistry on the field. Tobin had told her many times she would be happy to share her place with Christen if she made the move, her apartment was big enough for two as she had said many times. Something Christen was not opposed to at all, even if it was only a one person place.

She could stay with the Red Stars, but she didn't like the environment. The team was great, she loved her life in this city; she just wasn't comfortable within the team. It was affecting her performance and she could tell, everyone could tell. If she was aloud to move it'd be a big decision and not one she'd take lightly.

Tobin however was quite content with the place and the team she was with now. She loved her teammates and she loved her apartment, the team also respected her as a valuable player. She had hoped for Christen to transfer to the Thorns, but her decision was still undecided. Soccer was still the biggest thing in both of their lives at this point, so a potentially career changing decision was not one anyone would take lightly.

*Tobin's POV*

'I'm so bored Chris,' I complained over the phone, continuing to pace along the marks in the floor.

'I'll be there soon, then we can do something,' her voice returned over the small speaker. You could almost hear the smile in her voice, it made me smile just listening to it.

'Like yoga, gross,' I teased, grinning to myself, this was sure to cause a reaction.

'It's not that bad, you're just no good at it,' she responded, laughing to herself. Not the desired reaction, but it'll do.

'Whatever you think, I'm just so good I don't want to knock you off your feet with my talent,' I answered, continuing to pace the length of the airport terminal.

'You wish. I've almost got my bags, I'll be with you in five,' she huffed into the phone, probably from lack of sleep.

'I'll come help you, you're probably tired and all,' I replied making my way over to the luggage section.