Taking Care of Dipper - Chapter Four

Taking Care of Dipper - Chapter 4

It took quite a few minutes before he realized that he had been playing with Dipper's hair. During a commercial about some clothes store, he had looked down, only to notice what he had been doing. He quickly moved his hand to the back of his neck and tried to keep it there while he let the color leave his face again. Dipper had been sleeping silently for almost an hour now. Mabel had only checked on them about three times so far, though he was becoming convinced that wasn't completely the case as he kept hearing noises coming from the kitchen that sounded eerily similar to the snapshot of a camera.

"Ughh."

Norman glanced back down again, only to see Dipper moving to rub his eyes. He sat up slowly, and looked over at Norman. His hair was sticking up ridiculously on one side, and Norman stifled a laugh at the sight.

Without warning, Mabel rushed into the room, hugging her brother, asking if he felt better. Dipper merely groaned, rubbing at his now dry nose. She placed her palm on his forehead again, only to frown in response. She shot a worried glance at Norman before running back into the kitchen. There was a fumbling of silverware and she was back again with more medicine.

Dipper seemed angry,

"No," he muttered, his voice unusually dry, "Just…no. No more."

Mabel huffed,

"You won't get any better by being stubborn."

Dipper shot a desperate look at Norman, but he just nodded in agreement. Dipper rolled his eyes, which just made him look hilarious when added to his disheveled appearance.

"Fine, fine…" he took the medicine with a disgusting grimace and gulp.

"Medicine is, like, the worst invention ever, I swear."

Dipper retreated to Norman's lap without a second thought, and Mabel snuck a quick smirk before leaving them alone again.