The moonlit fate

The moon shines brightly tonight, but today will be the last normal day of your life.

I started down the road to my house while Kuro walked besides me. "Hey (name), let's race !" The hyper girl said with a smile. She turned her head and her smile was replaced with a smirk. "It's on, first to make it will get to have the last of my brownies." She smiled, before dashing down the sidewalk In which rows of houses stood near. I laughed at her childish behavior, she is annoying at times but she sure knows how to cheer me up. I started running towards Kuro. She's fast but I'm faster.

I started down the hill of the sidewalk, catching up to Kuro a smirk reached its way onto my lips. She started running further away from me, I frowned. Not breaking a sweat as wind flew through my hair, the rush of running was so exciting. I finally caught up to Kuro once again, when she was about to cross the Cross walk to another sidewalk my eyes caught glimpse of a car speeding it's way towards Kuro. "Kuro!" I shouted lunging myself towards the girl, just in time I pushed Kuro out of the way. But it was too late for me, in a flash the car hit me causing me to black out. "(name)!" Kuro shouted, tears started streaming down her cheeks while the person who hit her best friend stopped immediately, getting out of the car in a panic. The said driver was a man with raven hair and wine red eye's. He was very tall. "Oh my, what a mess." He seemed to be in a panic, but it all felt like he was acting. "Please take my friend to the hospital!" I shouted, my brain was scrambled with emotions. But little did I know that, this will be the last normal day of my life.

I sat in the waiting room, while doctors and nurse's ran around the hospital in a hurry. "Kuro!" Shouted two familiar concerned voices from behind me, I turned my head to see (name)'s parents. As soon as I caught glimpse of them my eyes started to tear up. "I'm so sorry!" I stood up in front of them and bowed. "It's fine dear, please explain to us what happened." (name)'s mother's voice rang through my ears. "Ok." With that, the three of us sat in the waiting room, while I explained what happened. "And there was a man who said that he was going to be right back." After I finished my sentence the nurse walked in the room, holding a clipboard. Her face filled with worry. "I'm sorry, but (name) is in a coma." After the nurse finished, my eyes widened as they traveled to that man. (name)'s Mother and Father requested to see her, I texted my Mom but sadly she was on a cruise with my Father at the moment, and they didn't have any signal there. A sigh escaped my lungs, as I thought of the earlier events. In a flash of an eye, (name) was on the ground, blood covered her body while her arms were sprawled out on the road. It was the worst sight Iv'e ever seen in my entire life. Tears started to form on the corners of my eye's. Falling on my lap. "(name), I hope your alright." I cried into my hands, I wasn't able to see her at this time. Not when my best friend, that one person who was always with me, and stuck at my sides, was not smiling, happy, healthy and standing proud.

Little did I know that, today was her fate. Everything happens for a reason. And the universe doesn't make mistakes.