Under a Crawford Roof

As Mason drove to the hotel, I would catch him glancing over my direction. I ignored it for a while until it started to irritate me. I turned my head to him and looked back at him. I raised a brow and folded my arms against my chest. I waited for him to look my way again.

After another minute, he turns but this time he was smirking. "What the hell are you doing?" I questioned him. He shakes his head and turn back to the road.

"Can't a man look at her girl?" He shrugs his shoulders. I was taken aback, literally. My head slung back, hitting the window. I know I'm an idiot.

"Man? Girl?" I grinned. "I think you have mistaken there, Mr. Parker."

"What?" He feigned innocence.

"Obviously and we both know, I am the man of this relationship and you are the girl." I informed him. I sit up on my seat, rubbing the back of my head.

"Really." He stated. "I pay the rent-"

"Psh!" I cut him off. "Doesn't mean you pay our rent, you're the man of the relationship. It also includes decision making and action making."

"What does that supposed to mean?" He asked with a bit of irritation in his voice.

"First of all, I mostly make the decisions for us. Second, with the way we act around each other, you're the girly girl." I said. Mason pulls over to park the car. I unbuckled my seatbelt and so does he.

"Touché." He muttered and quickly getting out of the car. I got out as I see him wait for me.

"I won this." I hollered.

"I'm not a girl." He mumbled to himself as I walked pass him. I rolled my eyes at his statement.

".....Says the guy who went crazy when a roach landed on their shoulder just last night." I stated. I could tell he was glaring from the back of me. I smirked, stepping into the elevator.

Today is an ordinary day for the two of once, well at least a couple of months ago. At first, Mason and I were having second thoughts above residing in New York. After learning that my cousin, Jasmine, is here, too, I didn't know what to do at the moment. Jasmine Crawford is my cousin from my dad's side, obviously. She owns the Crown Hotel in Manhattan. Mason was not aware that it was my cousin who runs the hotel we are currently staying at.

Jasmine and I are not really close. I was only 3 or 4 years old whenever my family and I visit her family and vice versa. After my mom had signed a big contract, we stopped visiting them because she became busier than ever. We did not lose contact with them; it's just that we knew we were all busy with our own personal things.

After I explained to Jasmine why I am here with a guy, I was taken aback at her respond. "Continue what you are doing, Lily," she told me. By that, she meant for me to continue fighting for what I wanted. To me, what I wanted is to be with Mason Parker.

Mason and I would often meet up with Jasmine, maybe once per every two weeks. Jasmine has either details about my family or she just wants to hang out. I appreciate what she is doing. Even though she is busy with her company and a boy, she still manages to find time for us.

Only Jasmine knows about me and Mason in New York, not even her brother, James, knows. Jasmine is really good in these kinds of schemes, I guess. I'm not really sure if she is really good, but by what she is doing, she is doing okay. So far, no one has found us or anything.

Jasmine and I made a deal. She hides Mason and me while we continue to better our education. At least I know that we have something in common; we appreciate the value of education. Because honestly, the key to success is through education.