Encoutering Hardship

Hi! Okay, I haven't updated in a while, but hopefully you readers haven't forgotten about this story! I want to thank FreeYourGlee, 13emily1999, rachgonz92 (new follower, yay! *claps*), and love2loveu38. You guys have been so supportive, and I hope you all know how much of affect these comments have inflicted on the continuation of this story . Also, thank you readers and people who favourited too, you guys are so motivating!

I don't own glee.

***

Kurt bit his lip as he waited for the inevitable pain he was dragging himself in to. He watched as Blaine struggled to comprehend what Kurt was suggesting.

"You want....to break up?" asked Blaine. 

Kurt had to dig his nails into his palms to stop himself from breaking down as he nodded his head stiffly. He forced himself to come up with an excuse, because Blaine wouldn't let go of him that easily. He'll think it's his fault. 

"I-" Kurt took a deep breath, trying again. "I-I need time."

That was possibly the lamest excuse in the history of excuses, and Blaine seemed to have noticed, furrowing his brows and looking and the floor as he thought.

"Why?" asked Blaine.

"To find myself." said Kurt. "I need time to find myself. "

"Find yourself?" asked Blaine. "Are you not comfortable with who you are?"

"I don't know who I am." said Kurt. That much was true, he stopped doing all the stuff he used to do, collapsing on the stress of everything that's going on.

"Kurt. You wouldn't break up for that." said Blaine. The brunette's head was reeling, and he said the only thing he thought would get Blaine to break up with him.

"Do you care about me?" asked Kurt, holding in the tears.

"Yes."

"Then let me go." said Kurt. He felt a tear trail down his cheek, but ignored it. "Let me go Blaine. If you love me."

Blaine sat shell shocked, looking at Kurt pleadingly. But when Kurt showed no sign of giving in, Blaine nodded his head solemnly, walking out of the room.

"If that's what you want." said Blaine brokenly. "Then I'll let you go."

When Blaine left, Kurt leaned heavily against the door, so tired of crying over and over again. He slumped and turned to his shower, opening the glass door, and taking the phone out of the puddle that was drowning it and throwing it in the trash.

He didn't even bother brushing his teeth before falling on the bed and sleeping. Kurt was right, he had completely lost himself.

***

A night's sleep clearly didn't change anything, as Kurt woke up with a pounding headache. One night's sleep couldn't cure the dark circles under his eyes. He hadn't slept the past week, and even though he looked fine and everything, it was thanks to his concealer.

But this morning was different. Kurt stared emotionlessly at the wall before throwing the covers off himself and heading to the bathroom, brushing his teeth and splashing water on his face before changing into his Dalton uniform and trudging out of the room.

No longer than one minute pass did Jeff come up to Kurt, worried and scared.

"What happened to you, Kurt?" asked Jeff, holding a coffee out to the boy. He could get a new one later.

Kurt grumbled in reply and accepted the coffee, muttering a small thanks before downing it.

"Just tired." said Kurt, still staring emotionlessly at Jeff.