Almost | Carl

(Requested by May_May271 )

My heart beated fast.

My head spinned in circles.

My stomach twisted into knots.

I ran for my life.

My legs ached with pain.

But I kept running.

Walkers were everywhere. Their moans filled the atmosphere that was full of my fear. I was afraid. But I couldn't be.

I had to keep going... Just for the sake of survival.

I knew I was gonna run out of ammo. I shot in every direction. Maggie was in front of me. She'd fallen to the ground. Quickly, I ran to her side to help her up.

"Maggie go!" I shouted.

"I'm not leaving you!" she said.

"Go up the ladder, I'll be right behind you." I said sternly.

"But-" I cut her off.

"Just go!" I demanded.

There was no time for arguing. She sadly agreed with me. But I knew Maggie could trust me.

I covered for her as she climbed up the ladder. Walkers were coming in our direction. Maggie made it to the top of the ladder.

"Come on!" she yelled. I shot one last walker before I climbed the metal ladder.

I was halfway up the ladder until it started shaking. The walkers at the bottom were making me unbalanced.

"Maggie! I'm slipping!" I shouted.

"Hang on Y/N!" she replied as she tried to pull me up.

"I can't hang on any longer!" I said. My hands were full of sweat, making it harder for her to pull me up.

"I'm not gonna let you go Y/N." She said.

A few walkers had a grasp of my foot. Just inches away from their mouth, attempting to make it their next meal. I whined a bit to myself at the sight.

With all of my energy and strength, I slowly pulled myself up.

I laid on the wooden floor just looking at the sky, with Maggie by my side. We stared at the blue sky covered with the fluffy clouds above us.

Both of us were thinking the same thing.

What now?

"I'm going to go find them" I said.

"What? Are you crazy Y/N? Walkers are everywhere!!!" Maggie replied

"I have a gun." I said.

"You'll run out of ammo." Maggie said back to me.

"I'm still going. Stay here." I replied to her as I sat up. I checked the amount of rounds I would have. Eventually, I stood up.

"What if you get hurt Y/N? Or even bit? I don't know what I'll do..." She continued.

"You'll get over it..." I whispered. I took one last glance at her before I swing my legs over the wall.

"Good luck..." She said back. My eyes locked with hers before I jumped off of the fence.

I landed with a big thud, onto the cold-hard ground. I got myself and starting running to the other side of Alexandria. The other side of Alexandria had less than half of the walkers the other had. I guess you could call it the "safe zone."