Nothing | Carl

Requested by my bae! ( MayGarner ) 😉 Sorry this literally took forever oh my god. I'll pay you back by taking you to Walker stalker con.😉 jk jk jk 😂😂 wish I could❤️

~

I skipped along the road in Alexandria. I took in my surroundings as I saw the faces of everyone in our small community.

I waved to Carol as I saw her handing out her fresh, homemade cookies to her neighbors. The colorful sweater on her body, didn't seem like something she would wear though.

I've known for as long as I could remember. She's helped the group make it what it is today. She was someone who was once weak, like me. But now, she's something more than she could ever imagine.

If only she knew what she has become...

I turned my head back forward. My forehead had pain immediately sent through me. I used my hand, rubbing on the spot.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I said not making eye contact with who I just banged my head against.

"Y/N? Is that you?" A voice said.

I looked up to be met with Ron.

"Oh hey! Um.. Is your head alright?" I said.

"Yeah it's fine! Are you okay?" He said through his laughter for our silliness.

"I'm perfectly fine !" I replied with a smile appearing on my face.

"So what are you up to, Y/N?" Ron asked me.

"Well, I planned on meeting Carl actually."

"He's on the other side of town, that's pretty far from here. Do you want me to walk with you?" He asked.

"It's fine Ron you don't -"

"I got nothing else to do.... So" Ron interrupted.

"Okay, I guess your coming with." I said.

~

We walked for about 5 minutes in silence

Awkward.

That's until Ron finally broke it.

"So tell me about yourself?" Ron said.

"There's two sides to me, Ron." I replied. I wasn't the same person as I was before this outbreak. I changed into someone my family wouldn't even recognize.

"Oh... Well tell me about you old self!" Ron said facing me.

I took a deep breath before I began to explain.

"Before this outbreak, I was very shy. People would always think I never stood up for myself because they thought I was weak. Or even the fact that one of my good friend's committed suicide."

I paused before I began to speak again.

"They would think I'm nothing." My voice drifted slowly as I finished my sentence.